Realtime game engines are increasingly playing a role in our expanding content slate, across series, features, unscripted, animation, and virtual production. We are searching for a game engine technologist that can identify performance bottlenecks in engine, provide guidance on asset builds and interchange, advise on scene and asset optimization, extend and develop custom solutions around the engine focused on content creation and asset workflows, and work cross functionality internally and with partner companies to evolve the technology in a direction that benefits our industry and productions.
• Highest technical escalation path for issues regarding real time asset building and performance
• Identify performance bottlenecks in scenes and advise on solutions
• Advise on scene and asset optimization for productions around the world and internal netflix engineering teams
• Protype, extend and develop custom solutions around the engine focused on the needs of our productions
• Work cross functionally within Netflix and within the industry as a whole to evolve the use of real time engines
• Define technical roadmaps related to real time assets and prioritize execution.
• Document best practices as it relates to working with assets in real time game engines
• Mentor, guide, and educate other engineers who build products that integrate with the engine in support of our virtual production and broader content efforts
Skills, Knowledge, and Qualifications
• 5+ years working with Unreal Engine in a professional capacity (gaming, content, visualization)
• Ability to write code to automate tooling and develop proof of concepts
• Deep understanding of asset formats (fbx, obj, gltf, usd, etc.), interchange, and tradeoffs between quality and performance
• Python, C++, and/or blueprints
• Version Control: Git, Perforce
Deep understanding of realtime game engine internals, how they interact with the underlying hardware, performance optimization, and debugging.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r79yk8-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.