Publicity Manager, Series
Los Angeles, CA
Netflix Outreach & Engagement focuses on attracting and engaging talent for Animated studio projects and Content Creative Development/Services executives. The team builds employer brand candidate awareness and cultivates relationships with industry and creative practitioners, by positioning Netflix as the ideal inclusive entertainment company to work with and for. Our event strategies support hiring Animation creators, and content executives in live-action film, series, and casting.
The Events+Media Manager will partner closely with O&E program colleagues, Animation Talent Acquisition, Content Talent Acquisition, Inclusion Recruiting Programs, Publicity & Events, Communications, Internal Corporate Events, Talent Operations, and the Content business. They will manage the execution of events that attract and engage candidates, and help to set the larger events strategy for creative talent attraction.
What You'll Do:
• Own and establish the overall O&E events strategy and calendar.
• Work with Talent Acquisition to organize and curate Netflix event speakers and representatives, as well as external event candidate attendees and speakers.
• Serve as the informed captain on creating event task forces with cross-functional teams in recruiting, special projects, external affairs, and publicity/comms, for large tent-pole Animation industry conferences such as Lightbox and CTN (including international conferences such as Annecy), and intimate events at festivals (such as Sundance).
• Partner with O&E Content colleagues and TA to develop the best event concepts for targeted engagement networking with underrepresented content executives.
• Help identify and stay aware of market trends on entertainment & Animation industry events, conferences, and festivals for relevant programming, online & in-person.
• Work withExternal Affairs to align on events/internal partners that have sponsorship elements, as well as connecting the dots on external organization partnered events.
• Work with Events team to create gifting for event participants, speakers, and sought-after candidates.
• Partner with Talent Ops & TA to manage candidate tracking from events to strategically pipeline.
• Manage events budgets, scheduling, vendors, travel, accommodations, and logistics.
• Partner with O&E Animation program colleagues on supporting events for emerging talent (i.e. school visits and presentations, external organization partnered events, producing virtual events/presentations).
• Collaborate with Anim TA team on specific Netflix hosted event series (i.e. ''Coffee & Conversations'' candidate networking series- ''Indians in Animation'' panel).
• Partner with TA Events team on AV, vendors, booths, logistics, execution, etc.
• Lead the Media Coordinator on overseeing marketing, social campaigns, general events branding, and invitations corresponding to themes and aesthetics (i.e. Behind The Streams at Netflix: Latinx in Hollywood virtual panel - a private networking dinner for film executives at the home of our CCO).
• Lead the Media Coordinator on newsletter and website delivery for O&E team resources, as well as producing online programming content for Animation O&E.
• Lead event post-mortem surveys and assessments for rating and sharing event outcomes.
• Work with Editorial & Branding/Comms on leveraging Netflix branded platforms for advertising events and programs.
What You'll Need:
• 10+ yrs of experience as an events leader in the entertainment industry that includes managing, executing, planning, and staffing events at an agency, studio, network, or with a brand (experience with animation, film, or television industry events preferred - i.e. have you planned engaging events at major film festivals or animation conferences?).
• Must have people leadership, team management, and coaching experience.
• Experience partnering with a diverse range of creative internal stakeholders to plan and execute events at festivals and/or conferences (i.e. Sundance and/or Annecy), as well as bespoke high-profile intimate events that foster impactful and inclusive industry networking.
• A pulse on entertainment industry networking events, preferably catering to animation, emerging talent, and executive level underrepresented communities.
• A self-starter who is able to work independently, and under pressure, while consistently exercising sound judgement even when faced with ambiguity.
• Resourceful strategic thinker and creative problem solver - experience with marketing, social, media, and online event production is a plus.
• Ability to pivot quickly and maintain a positive attitude and cultivate internal relationships.
• Agile with meticulous attention to details.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to roll up your sleeves to get things done with no ego.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o1ne-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.