Senior Security Engineer, Enterprise Security
Los Gatos, CA
The Detection and Response team at Netflix is a central security team that gathers security intelligence, responds to security incidents, and looks for attacker activity in our environment. You will lead a full-cycle security incident response program starting from identification to containment to mitigation. We are looking for a leader to scale and mature the incident response function through automation and promulgation of incident management best practices.
The person in this role will own, build, and advance our incident response charter, including studio incident response and an insider threat program. You will closely collaborate with many other Netflix teams to actively defend Netflix's assets across streaming, studio, and enterprise. This is an active and highly visible role that requires an appreciation for operational excellence and a solid ability to build cross-functional relationships. You will mentor people and encourage their personal and organizational growth in line with Netflix's values.
Desired skills and background:
• You are a meticulous and responsive cross-team communicator and program leader.
• Your technical background aligns with the current team operating at the intersection of software engineering, incident response, and digital forensics.
• You are well versed in the latest adversary techniques, attack lifecycle, and incident response procedure.
• As a manager, you can successfully coach and inspire a talented and senior team.
• You creatively scale Incident Response Program with an emphasis on automation, testing, and training.
• You lead with influence.
• You are confident in working with frontline teammates, executives, third-party organizations, and everyone in between to aggregate information and coordinate collaborative action.
Netflix Security Incident Response Team has often shared our work with the broader security community. We encourage you to learn more about us by reading about our open-source projects (Dispatch for crisis management) and conference talks (Reservist talk at USENIX Enigma and Learning from cloud, chaos, and Scale: Netflix SIRT talk at the FIRST Conference).
The Netflix culture permeates our work environment. It determines who we hire, how we work together, and how we make decisions. It encourages us to bring our best every day while valuing collaboration over individual achievement. If this sounds exciting to you, we encourage you to apply today so that we can learn more about each other.