How do you spark joy in hundreds of millions of people? It starts with a vision - that technology can give voice to stories around the world. In delivering those much-loved stories, Netflix is responsible for a significant portion of global internet traffic.
To steward that responsibility we work collaboratively with ISPs to deploy Open Connect, Netflix's Content Delivery Network (CDN), which delivers 100% of Netflix video traffic.
Our team's mission is to support that delivery, by providing an automation and tooling platform that supports the internal operations and external partnerships needed to provide an amazing viewing experience for all Netflix members. We are looking for a talented engineering leader, specializing in the infrastructure space, to join us on that mission.
About The Role
• Balance a blended role spanning people leadership, technical project management, and functional domain ownership
• Lead, empower, and mentor a team of exceptional engineers by providing them with context and continuous feedback
• Effectively prioritize and manage our engineering roadmaps in alignment with the overall business needs
• Collaborate closely within the broader Open Connect organization, delivering cohesive solutions
• Form strong cross-functional partnerships, understanding the business and meeting their needs, while maintaining our focus on efficiency, maintainability, and reliability
What Sets You Apart
• Proven experience building and leading high-performance engineering teams, with a focus on inclusion and diversity
• Proactive at giving and receiving feedback with a growth mindset, confident to initiate the hard conversations
• Ability to disambiguate, in a fast-paced environment, driving clear action plans for your team to develop the right solutions
• Orientation towards long-term impact for prioritization, but able to strike balance between short-term goals and long-term vision
• Experience working with a diverse group of cross functional peers - engineers, partner engagement managers, operations, and business stakeholders, at all technical levels, influencing and driving overall direction and decision making
• Strong knowledge of networking technologies and abstractions in modern architectures
• Experience building and operating complex distributed systems at scale
• Deep empathy for users and their business goals
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, adept at active listening
Does this sound interesting? Or does this sound interesting-but-intimidating? Please don't self-select out, let's figure it out together. We'd love to talk to you!
Netflix is a global company, with a diverse member base, which is why the content we produce reflects that: global perspectives, global stories. As we grow globally, we know that we must have the most talented employees with diverse backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences to support our innovation and creativity. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to build balanced teams from all walks of life.
Our culture is unique, and we tend to live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnjyb3-35-175-107-185-42 in your application.