Bring your passion for games and backend systems to help us achieve our next big objective, to reinvent video games on a global scale. Netflix fundamentally changed how the world watches television, with over 240 million members enjoying award-winning TV series, documentaries, and feature films. Join our team to help pioneer a next-generation video game platform that caters to a diverse, global member base.
About Game Systems
Our goal is to empower developers to seamlessly integrate and launch their greatest hits on Netflix. This role is leading a team of highly capable engineers to build and operate the product and infrastructure enabling the developer platform. It includes features like cloud saves, leaderboards, achievements, and social capabilities. It also includes core technologies like Web API and developer environments.
In this role:
• A successful manager leads by role modeling the Netflix culture, the following experience, qualities, and behaviors will help you thrive in the position:
• 2-3 years of video game platform experience
• 5+ years of management experience
• Credible technical advisor to influence complex software systems
• Strives for high-quality and high-value results
• Can articulate complex ideas in simple terms
• Able to establish and maintain healthy partnerships
• Effective project manager internally and cross-functionally
• Grow individuals and boost collective performance
• Establish psychological safety and trust
• Strategic in thinking, provide a vision for the future
A few more things about us:
As a team, we come from many different backgrounds and countries, and our fields of education range from the humanities to engineering to computer science and we strive to give people the opportunity to wear different hats, should they choose to. We strongly believe this diversity and agility has helped us build an inclusive and empathetic environment, and we are looking forward to adding your perspective to the mix!
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top-of-market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $190,000 - $920,000.
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more detail about our Benefits here.
Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3q11q-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.