Netflix is reinventing how the world watches television. Over 200 million members around the globe enjoy our award-winning movies and TV shows, but most of our growth still lies ahead. Content Engineering is in a hyper-growth phase as Netflix continues to expand its content budget.
About the team
The Content Platform Engineering team builds and runs Studio products for all content going live on Netflix. We build backend services that power products that are used internally at Netflix as well as externally by our content partners, fulfillment partners, creative agencies and freelancers that work with Netflix to curate one of the best entertainment catalogs in the world.
We are looking for two leaders for the following focus areas:
The Workforce Optimization Engineering team is hiring a seasoned leader to drive some of the Content Platform Engineering's most impactful projects. Workforce optimization is responsible for building a marketplace where we match our vendors and partners across creative agencies, VFX vendors, Dubbing studios etc with various tasks and assets needed to launch the title on Netflix for the global audience. This team works closely with Product Management, Design, Analytics, UI and various business teams to define and implement strategies to optimize quality, cost and on time delivery of assets.
The Source Acquisition Platform team creates and manages applications for acquisition & management of media assets (primary AV, SubTitles, Audio etc) for all content going live on Netflix. The team builds high scale backend services that power user interfaces that are used internally at Netflix as well as externally by our content partners, fulfillment partners, creative agencies and freelancers that work with Netflix to curate one of the best entertainment catalogues in the world. Acquisition, Setup and Evaluation of playback media is mission critical for Netflix success and this team works closely with data science, encoding, open-connect teams to ingest, encode and deploy media and manage its entire lifecycle.
What you'll do:
• Team Leadership: build and lead a team of server-side engineers adept at building distributed microservices.
• Technical Vision: re-evaluate architecture choices on an ongoing basis, in anticipation of increased scale and ever-evolving technology to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business.
• Demonstrate technical skills to successfully drive infrastructure & tool improvements for new products and existing processes and workflows
• Product Leadership: define and execute the roadmap by collaborating with partners in Product, Design and Operations.
• Build and lead an inclusive team of great engineers from different backgrounds, cultures, industries and life experiences.
• You have experience building and leading a team of server side engineers.
• You are an innovative thinker and are comfortable pushing your own team to continue to push boundaries.
• Track record of managing large successful teams and invest in actively mentoring and coaching every member of the team.
• Ability to work through ambiguous requirements and make decisions to push forward.
• You are passionate about building highly scalable solutions with flexibility factored in to make quick pivots as business evolves.
• You have proven skills in building software systems in a distributed / cloud environment, deployed in a CI/CD fashion.