The Director of Org Design & Effectiveness is a new position in our relatively new Comp and Org effectiveness team. In this position, you will engage in strategic, company-wide org design initiatives. You will advise on and facilitate the development of organizational structures and operating models, and provide consistent standards, practices, and frameworks to enable and sustain organizational change across Netflix. You will also create an aligned network and system to facilitate org readiness in response to org design changes, promote long-term agility and cultural values of Netflix, and consult in the design and development of key critical organization effectiveness projects that have enterprise-wide impacts.
• Org Design is a new global business practice (GBP). The Director will be responsible for helping set a strategy as well as actively helping to implement. This person will work closely with HRBPs, Compensation Partners, and the business to ensure each function has the most appropriate org design for the future. It is important that this person be able to:
• Assess organization complexity and propose solutions for simplification, including effective spans and layers
• Analyze organization structures and make recommendations to drive optimal organization size and shape
• Understand and articulate gaps between future state OD and current organization structures including alignment of future state organization structure with budget and workforce plans
• Translate existing org design data points into an org design narrative with accompanying insight
• Define metrics to measure traction/ improvement on organization simplification, organization health and organization efficiency
• It's important that this individual have both a theoretical and practical working knowledge of Org design. It's important for this role to speak to the challenges of implementation.
• Knowledge and experience of using organization design-specific technologies
• Analytical insight and intellectual curiosity
• Strong understanding of change management and the people and communication skills to support change
• Understanding and experience of best practice organization design including the associated tools and techniques
• Understanding of the impact of shifts in changes of roles and responsibilities on organization structure
• Proven experience working on organization design programs in a large-scale environment
• Experience supporting large-scale transformation programs
• Ability to develop strategic design principles to inform organization design choices
• Years of experience: ~10 yrs
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqq7mm-34-239-154-240-42 in your application.