AV Manager, Product Creative Studio
Los Angeles, CA
The Product Creative team partners with content creators and distributors to define how their content is creatively represented on Netflix. The team also works as a centralized hub within Netflix to define the creative strategy of titles on service, working closely with internal creative teams and agencies. At its core, the work is grounded in creativity with a strong understanding of how the Netflix product works. Our purpose is to create the most compelling discovery experience through artwork, video, and copy to connect our millions of global subscribers to the content they love.
We are looking for a global director based in Los Angeles who can work with our regional teams to implement innovative practices on how to create and produce high performing assets for all titles supported by the Product Creative team. This director will also partner with our Creative Labs team to explore new creative approaches, and cross-functionally with different engineering teams to fully implement the latest product features at scale, necessary for Netflix success across regions.
Additionally, this director will lead a team of program managers, designers, video editors and other creative roles who develop ideas for global audiences on social channels, and an internal production team that tells Netflix stories for our internal community and beyond, leveraging the latest storytelling approaches found on our service. You'll create strong partnerships and collaborate across Marketing and Product to bring our subscribers a unique and unparalleled internet TV experience.
At Netflix, we have an insatiable need to continually improve our product experience and the creative elements that support it. This role will contribute to new areas of creative exploration for title representation and require frequent travel throughout all Netflix hub offices across the world.
• Challenge convention and traditional ways of working to improve creative development and delivery, with a specific focus on creative practices that are inclusive across diverse perspectives.
• Develop and implement tech-assisted creative solutions that improve the performance of our titles on service, while also increasing the coverage of the work supported by these methods.
• Push the boundaries of how we can tell stories on a world class platform, while also being aware of the business implications of these decisions.
• Lead the development and constant refinement of our Creative Excellence rubric, balancing the art and science of what great creative looks like
• Build thoughtful systems and approaches across all regions to improve and streamline workflows, while also scaling the impact of our work.
• Contribute to evolve the team's vision and strategy. Success at Netflix is a moving target and it is important to be able to pivot and move when the market needs change.
• Relentlessly focus on hiring outstanding employees and building representative teams, prioritizing the perspectives and voices missing on our organization while also cultivating a strong network of talented creatives.
• Nurture an environment where all perspectives are celebrated, creating belonging to everyone and equal opportunities of growth for all, setting a strong example of empowering and coaching team members.
• A director is expected to behave autonomously in decision making and act as a community leader on the behalf of the broader Product Creative team.
• Understand, advocate, and embody the company's values and team goals.
• Extensive experience in building, managing, and evolving an operational and/or creative team, with noticeable inclusion practices and programs.
• Developing and implementing new ways of working with tech assisted creative solutions.
• Deep understanding of creative development workflows.
• Understanding of A/B testing and productization in a multi-platform environment.
• Understand the translation of data and learnings into creative representation.
• International experience working with different creative teams, being a successful leader across many cultural nuances. Awareness of global/local creative trends within different markets is a plus.
• Proven ability to build strong cross functional relationships with both technical and creative partners.
• Must be capable and conversant in all aspects of a digital creative and have a baseline understanding of image, video and text production workflows.
• Willingness and ability to travel and work offset hours to better align with our global office time zones as the business needs require.
• Effective at giving honest and direct feedback, as well as coaching and directly developing team members for the future.
• Making decisions and judgment using data to inform your intuition despite high ambiguity