Business Development builds partnerships to get Netflix on popular device platforms to make it easy for people around the world to discover and enjoy Netflix. Internally, our team is an exemplar of cross-functional collaboration, aligning with product, marketing, finance, legal, and network operations. Externally, our team leads the way in making Netflix available via hundreds of millions of devices: from consumer electronics companies building smarter smart TVs and smartphones, to streaming media devices from companies like Amazon, Google and Roku, to enabling people to access, subscribe and pay for Netflix through their pay TV, broadband or mobile service provider.
However you watch Netflix today, the chances are that our business development team has played a role in making it happen!
What you will do:
Your primary responsibilities will be to thoughtfully grow and optimize existing partnerships with operators and identify and negotiate new partnerships in Mexico, Colombia and Peru. You will own the responsibility for analyzing opportunities, negotiating agreements and making commercial decisions with partners, seeking advice from subject matter experts, as needed. You are skilled in setting and communicating a partnership strategy that enables cross-functional teams to effectively prioritize their work. You will effectively collaborate with cross-functional colleagues of diverse backgrounds and cultures, seeking and providing context so that you and other teams can make good decisions and be highly aligned across functions. You will actively participate in and contribute to internal discussions and debates regarding challenges and strategy. You will travel up to 15% of your time to meet with distant partners and attend company meetings and industry conferences in the US and around the world. This role is based in our Mexico City office.
To be successful you will embody the attributes of the Netflix Culture and, in particular, excel in the following areas:
• Judgment: You think strategically, use data and understand the context of a situation to make good and timely decisions based on the long term and despite ambiguity. An ability to draw upon your knowledge of the Latin America telecommunications, consumer electronics, and entertainment industries or a technical background is a plus.
• Communication: In addition to a command of the Spanish language, you are proficient in speaking, reading and writing English. You have a high global IQ, an inclusive nature and demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills flexing your style depending on the audience. You are effective in communicating and interacting with senior-level executives as well as operational teams. You welcome receiving and giving constructive feedback to make you and your colleagues better and share information openly and proactively.
• Impact: You prefer people over process and are known for your ability to deliver consistent and outstanding results and raising the performance bar for those around you. You make time to help others make an impact.
• Curiosity: You are naturally curious, continually strive to learn new things and seek different perspectives.
• Innovation: You question assumptions in order to find better solutions and can proactively identify and address issues and opportunities.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4yb8y-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.