Standards & Practices Editorial Coordinator
London, United Kingdom
Visit our culture memo to learn more about how we work.
We are seeking a Project Manager as part of our growing Global Design & Construction team based out of our Amsterdam or London offices (although open to other locations in EMEA). This position will be responsible for end-to-end project management for corporate and studio design and construction projects of varying size and scope across the EMEA footprint. This role will be responsible for developing and driving scope, schedule and budget for multiple projects and leading a team of cross functional partners and external consultants to ensure the successful delivery of projects to meet the needs of stakeholders and the wider business.
A successful candidate will be a world class collaborator, passionate problem solver, self-motivated, proactive, flexible and thorough individual who is able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. The ability to strategically identify and proactively mitigate potential design, schedule, construction and budget impacts is essential while helping to drive new ways of thinking and innovation within the environments we create. This position requires the ability to effectively interact with a wide range of internal and external team members with varying and sometimes conflicting concerns in a collaborative workflow that drives positive results for the project and the company. This is a demanding and fast-paced position that requires someone who is able to exercise good judgment, leadership and communication through an ever changing project landscape.
• Establish and lead a project team of internal and external partners on multiple corporate and studio builds through all phases of a project life cycle including due-diligence, programming, design, construction, commissioning and turnover consistently meeting project goals and end-user expectations.
• Collaborate with Corporate Real Estate, Workplace and Security counterparts and cross-functional business partners to develop and manage agreed upon scope, schedule and budgets for projects.
• Proactively manage project reporting including leadership updates, monthly budget healthy checks and cash flow forecasting with a focus on real-time project status to
• maintain a clear line of communication with all levels of organization.
• Review and approve proposals, change orders and invoices for all projects and partner with Project Controls to establish a recurring cadence for monthly change estimate reconciliation to drive cash flow consistency.
• Manage the technical due-diligence process to support lease negotiations and partner with Transactions to vet viability of sites.
• Partner with Space Planning, Design and Transactions to develop business cases to define scope, schedule and budget for a project.
• Partner with Space Planning and Design to help validate ''needs vs. wants'' and ensure end-user and project expectations are met in final program requirements with a focus on budget and schedule expectations.
• Lead Design and Construction phases to ensure confirmed program requirements are met while driving the project team to meet scope, schedule and budget requirements while managing hurdles and pivots throughout the process.
• Partner with cross functional teams including Audio Visual/Information Technology/Security/Workplace Operations through design and construction phases with a proactive focus to ensure critical infrastructure and acoustical requirements are considered early and often throughout project implementation.
• Manage pace through Commissioning and partner with Audio Visual/Information Technology/Workplace Operations to ensure proper implementation technology and equipment.
• Partner with Workplace Operations and Moves Adds & Changes Teams to ensure smooth transitions through handover and move in process.
• Ensure proper close-out of projects including real-time archival of critical project documentation through-project phase, reconciliation of critical project specs/manuals/warranties and facilitation of training for ops teams.
Preferred Candidate Profile:
• 10 years of experience in Design & Construction on Corporate Real Estate. Experience in Studio and Post-Production spaces is preferred
• Proven Experience in managing partner led construction developments
• High level of organizational skills
• Ability to read and understand construction drawings
• Ability to read and understand construction contracts
• Understand project cost analysis and program led cost reporting
• Proficient in MS Project, SmartSheets or equivalent Scheduling Software
• Proficient with Google Office Suite