With this international expansion and a move into Korean originals, it's a great time to join Netflix.
Netflix is building the world's leading entertainment platform, offering great films and series that push the boundaries of storytelling and delight members of all ages and tastes across the world. Our team, Product Writing, creates the words that guide members to the content that is right for them.
We are seeking a seasoned bilingual writer/editor (Korean/English) to join our team. The ideal candidate is a skilled writer who is an expert on media and entertainment in the Korean market - we are particularly interested in writers who have proven proficiency in writing and editing world-class creative content in Korean and English, and the ability to drive cross-functional projects.
Do you love K-dramas as well as song-and-dance variety shows? Did you watch Squid Game without subtitles? Have you seen an outstanding creator's every movie in existence? This is the job for you. You'll be expected to write clear, engaging, accurate copy in Korean and English. You'll write copy with a special focus on Korean content, and you'll work with a talented team of entertainment writers, editors, and colleagues across the globe to build context around titles and help connect users to the content they love.
• Apply your writing expertise and passion for Korean film and television to cross-functional innovation projects, collaborating with other writing, analysis, localization, design, and product teams.
• Communicate about assignments, projects, and publishing deadlines using Slack, Google Workspace, email, and other digital tools
• Ensure that external resources (vendors) have access to relevant information and provide editorial guidance for high-priority titles.
• Collaborate closely with other stakeholders to gather insight on Netflix's original language content and support the writing efforts to bring this content to a global audience.
• 8+ years experience in writing and editing in creative spaces, such as consumer-focused copywriting, social marketing, short-form digital, scriptwriting, or entertainment journalism
• Deep content, cultural knowledge, and nuanced perspective about Korean media, including current trends in entertainment
• Experience and comfort collaborating with multifaceted digital production teams.
• A love of language. Must be comfortable with rigorous editing, tight deadlines, and workshopping copy with a team of writers and editors
• Flexibility and versatility as a writer. Whether the assignment at hand is a highbrow film, a blockbuster rom-com, or an animated educational series for kids, he/she understands that different types of content should have copy tailored to their respective tones.
• Experience with creating at scale and working with outsourcing models.
• Mastery of AP style
• Think innovatively to look for ways to improve the member experience through experimentation and testing
• Strong business acumen and proven stakeholder management skills
• Independent and self-motivated working style
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• A commitment to our team's core values, like candid feedback, passion, and curiosity.
• Native fluency in Korean (reading, speaking, and writing) and full professional fluency in English
• Experience in working with global brands
• Experience in AB testing
• Experience in management roles is a plus
*Please note that candidates will be asked to complete a brief (and fun) writing exercise as a part of the application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rze4e7-18-207-157-152-42 in your application.