Associate, Physical Production Legal
Los Angeles, CA
It's certainly an exciting time to work at Netflix. Our growing Production Employment UCAN Team is looking for an experienced Counsel, Production Employment in Los Angeles, California, to provide practical, business-oriented and creative solutions to our US and Canadian productions. While the position reports to the Director, Production Employment -- UCAN, the successful candidate will work closely with a team of stunning employment lawyers responsible for the day-to-day support of our productions.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities, across feature films, TV series and documentaries. The successful candidate will also have strong organizational skills, an unwavering attention to detail and the ability to anticipate needs.
This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is able to learn quickly, exercise good judgment and take initiative. The role demands a high risk tolerance smartly applied to each situation; an experienced perspective on employment counseling and managing litigation is critical to this role.
The successful candidate will have at least 7 years of experience in advising on and managing the litigation of employment issues. The ideal candidate will thrive in an environment where freedom and responsibility are core values, and passion, innovation and curiosity are mandates. This is a cross-functional role, so strong collaboration and communication skills are required. Previous in-house experience at a studio is strongly preferred.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both orally and in writing.
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to consistently exercise great judgment resulting in immediate action and smart decisions.
• Ability to work effectively, collaboratively and cross-functionally.
• Ability to think practically and be solution-oriented.
• Willingness to tackle matters outside your area of expertise.
• Wicked sense of humor.
• Be open-minded and have the ability to pivot quickly should business needs change.
• JD and membership in good standing in at least one state bar (California strongly preferred).