Coordinator, Production Facilities Management and Operations (UK)
We are seeking an Operations Coordinator to join our EMEA Production Facilities Management & Operations team in the management and coordination of all Production activity and on-site logistics across our UK facility portfolio, in line with our international Studio growth and expansion.
The ideal candidate will be experienced, passionate and self-motivated in relation to all aspects of Production support and on-site operational activity, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to deliver a diverse workload within a challenging workspace.
This is a demanding and fast paced position that requires someone who is proactive and positive whilst using good judgement and courage in their decision making.
A background in Media & Entertainment / Operational Management with a strong understanding of our industry's workflows and best practice is essential.
The EMEA Operations Coordinator - UK will be the main operational point of contact for all Netflix Productions working out of our MLA facilities across region, delivering an outstanding Netflix experience to our creative teams from end-to-end of their Studio hire.
Areas of accountability include maintaining strong communication with key Production members, tracking and reporting of shooting schedules and transitions across facilities as well as coordinating allocated parking, crew parking, unit bases and general on-site logistics.
This role will focus heavily on supporting Productions within our MLA facility portfolio in the UK, with a light touch on Non-MLA and Europe Production activity, in conjunction with the EMEA Operations Coordinator - Europe.
• Main point of contact for Productions with regards to day-to-day operational support, facility and external setups as well as ensuring Studio safety regulations are being adhered to at all times.
• Partner with our Prod Planning team to ensure that short, medium and long term visibility is obtained for all Production activity across all MLA sites. Understand regional workflows to ensure effective transition of Production accountability is upheld throughout the creative process.
• Understand operational accountabilities within our MLA Lease obligations and work closely with Physical Production, Security, Safety and Tech teams to implement efficient workflows that meet our contractual requirements and provide Production reassurance.
• Maintain strong relationships with all Studio Partners to ensure that value for money is seen in line with our MLA agreements and that service levels provided to our creative teams are measured and upheld.
• Manage, file and update all documentation in relation to unit lists, shooting schedules, Production reports, cast lists, Production move-in / move-out trackers to ensure all information is up-to-date and relevant.
• Provide weekly reports on all Production activity to drive clear communication to internal teams along with identifying and supporting operational systems that enhance our department's effectiveness.
• Support facility move-ins and move-outs in conjunction with the Site & Services Coordinator to ensure Production needs are met and that any damages and recharges have been documented.
• Log and track ancillary recharges including utilities and maintenance works carried out on behalf of Productions.
• Carry out site tours for VIPs and Production recces, providing a strong overview of facility specifications, on-site services details, useful guidance, local information and Studio history, as applicable.
• Maintain a good knowledge and light touch on Netflix Production activity within Studio facilities outside of our MLA portfolio across the UK to ensure high standards of service are being seen and opportunities for providing additional support are captured.
• Strong understanding of budgeting, tracking and financial accountabilities to enhance the department's efficiencies driving effectiveness.
• Regularly obtain feedback from all levels of Production crew to understand opportunities for improvement and follow up on any action points as necessary.
• Work in conjunction with all PFMO colleagues to enhance operating procedures within all MLAs, highlighting areas of concern and opportunities to diversify and streamline workflows to create the best possible on-site experience for all creative teams.
• Any other duties considered appropriate and in the best interest of Netflix.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• 5+ Years of practical experience at Manager level and seasoned within a Studio Facility / Media & Entertainment industry.
• Team player with an ability to coordinate multiple Productions and projects simultaneously within a fast-paced environment.
• Flexible with excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Willingness to make informed decisions and think outside of the box.
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current Production processes, workflows and studio facilities.
• Good understanding of Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and knowledge of how this applies within a Studio environment.
• Ability to travel between EMEA, UK and occasionally International sites.
• Understanding and ability to work when required on multiple timezones.
• Proficiency in Google Docs, Sheets, GMail, MS Word and MS Excel.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3034-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.