Japanese Language Manager
We are seeking an experienced Post Production Coordinator based in Japan to help manage both internal and third party co-productions from a post perspective with both scripted and unscripted series. This person will establish and curate vendor and editorial crew relations, review budgets and support/suggest best practices for post from the moment content is collected through delivery.
Together, this team is responsible for supervising all aspects of production with our Japanese Originals team.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and unwavering attention to detail at all times.
This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative. The role will be focused on supporting non-English series that are shot and finished throughout Japan. Fluency in both Japanese/English and basic knowledge and understanding of scripted and/or unscripted workflow required.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Track and manage all post schedules, keeping stakeholders apprised of the status
• Set up and manage dailies and cut viewing access for shows
• Coordinate with Distribution Specialists with onboarding new projects
• Update and manage internal database/trackers
• Manage Publicity and Marketing requests and assets
• Maintain and curate the preferred vendor list for dailies, motion graphics, and finishing
• Maintain and analyze vendor bids
• Research and maintain preferred post staff
• Set up and attend key creative approval sessions such as final dub playbacks, VFX reviews, or color correction reviews
• Set up and schedule legal clearance reviews with Legal Department
• Schedule and attend Netflix screenings, previews, premieres, etc.
• Collaborate with show post on setting up theater, arranging engineering when necessary, and rehearsing the content when applicable
• BA/BS Degree
• 3+ Years as a Post Production Supervisor or Manager working in scripted or unscripted content.
• 3+ years of experience within a medium to high budget studio, network or high volume production company
• Ability to handle a fast-paced environment supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• Familiar with the current trends and workflows for both UHD/4K and HDR
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast-paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current post process
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Movie Magic Budgeting, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides and Google Mail
• Working knowledge of UHD/4K cameras, UHD/4K workflows, Avid, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, Resolve, Baselight, Nucoda, Pablo Rio, After Effects, ProTools, IMF, DCP
• Professional working knowledge of English and Japanese languages
Netflix Japan will not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from recruitment agencies, and we will not be responsible for any related fees. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or employees.