Are you passionate about entertainment? Do you want to help define and scale Netflix's brand narrative in APAC? Do you enjoy working with lifestyle and consumer media to develop content-inspired stories? Are you in tune with trends and social conversations? Do you have your finger on the pulse of pop culture? Are you equally comfortable working with an editor, podcast host or TikTok creator to tell your story? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment? If so, we may have just the opportunity for the right person on our growing communications team.
Netflix aspires to provide great entertainment for people everywhere from the world's best creators, and has grown to 214 million members in over 190 countries. Our members have control over what they watch, when and where, all with no commercials. It's an amazing time to join the Netflix team as we continue to transform entertainment. If you are a talented communications executive with a passion for content and entertainment, keep reading!
About the Role
We're looking to hire a creative and highly strategic communications professional and entertainment buff, to join a lean but mighty team that champions the Netflix brand, tells member-first stories, and is focused on relentlessly building and enhancing our reputation across Asia-Pacific. The mandate for the role is to tell content-led brand and consumer stories about Netflix through media, social media and key opinion formers in APAC, be it member value, product innovation or the diversity and world class quality of our catalog.
To succeed in this role you will need:
• An entrepreneurial mindset, given the pace at which we operate;
• A willingness to think from first principles, challenge established wisdom, and remain level-headed amidst varying and contradicting perspectives;
• A heart and passion for entertainment;
• A killer instinct on trend stories that are impactful for our business;
• The ability to extract meaningful brand narratives from our content;
• To transform corporate speak into creative and succinct lifestyle and consumer language;
• Excellent written and oral communications skills to develop media pitches working in conjunction with our Content, Pan-Regional Publicity, and country PR teams;
• The ability to effectively manage an agency;
• Willingness to roll-up your sleeves and get work done;
• The ability to ruthlessly prioritize and work across a wide range of ideas and campaigns;
• A deep understanding of the specific cultural needs and nuances of countries across APAC;
• Experience living and working in APAC is a must.
• Working alongside the regional communications and publicity teams to champion our brand and content narratives;
• Develop a repertoire of evergreen content-led brand storytelling targeted for consumer and lifestyle media across APAC, and APAC correspondents in international or pan-regional press;
• Explore storytelling across a variety of formats through traditional media and social media platforms;
• Manage an agency to support end-to-end development of consumer media pitches and blog content from a pan-regional perspective;
• Work with country Content and PR teams to stay on top of news and announcements and identify any proactive pan-regional media opportunities;
• Stay current on trends, social issues, and consumer trends and identify creative proactive campaigns;
• Identify opportunities for collaboration for brand moments with social media and marketing teams to create 360 campaigns;
• Guide team in developing cultural moments for our content across all relevant genres that are locally relevant and resonate with our consumers ;
• Main point of contact for Content; manage pan-regional public-facing speaking and interview opportunities;
The successful candidate will have:
• 10+ years experience in communications, media, journalism, and/ or agency;
• Deep knowledge and experience in the entertainment industry;
• Experience pitching and crafting stories with social media editors, digital editors, and or online influencers;
• The ability to speak and write English fluently is important - an additional Asian language is an advantage;
• Strong press and influencer relations.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpx3bx-52-90-49-108-42 in your application.