The successful candidate will work as part of the company's legal affairs team to structure, negotiate and draft agreements with distributors and producers to acquire content to distribute to Netflix subscribers throughout EMEA and around the world. They may handle related intellectual property matters as they arise (e.g., copyright), will likely need to delve into local law and practice in various countries, and should be extremely comfortable independently making decisions that have both legal and business impact and handling issues of first impression.
This is an opportunity to be part of an established company growing its presence in EMEA. The legal team at Netflix is focused on collaborating with our business partners to find effective, efficient solutions and deliver great content to our subscribers. The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious and will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization. The successful candidate will also be excited and inspired by the Netflix culture.
This position will be based in Berlin, with travel to the US and within EMEA as needed.
The successful candidate will be admitted to practise law in Germany with 7+ years of broad-based content licensing and production experience, including direct experience structuring, negotiating and drafting SVOD and/or pay or free television acquisition and distribution agreements, deep knowledge of the European film and TV distribution and production landscape, and practical knowledge of the industry (including content windowing strategies and the evolving theatrical, VOD, pay TV, syndication and home video landscapes). Experience providing in-house support in a major studio, television network and/or entertainment company is preferred. Fluency in English and conversational German language is required (Fluency/conversational abilities in Polish would be desired but not required).
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
• Clear, concise communication skills.
• Strong analytical capabilities and superior judgment, even when the rules are unclear and the issues are of first impression.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to counsel internal business clients on business and legal impact in various areas including content operations, marketing, and product.
• Ability to pivot quickly and fluidly, think practically and be solution-oriented.
• A commitment to embrace and advocate for inclusion is essential.
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rejyy8-54-198-139-112-42 in your application.