United Talent Agency
Los Angeles, CA
With 204 million paid memberships enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it's an exciting time to work at Netflix. By serving as a platform for original storytelling, we're fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, and seek to create joy for our members around the world. This guiding principle has informed our commitment to animation, a universal language, and the establishment of Netflix Animation Studios where creative visionaries can perform their best work. Our goal is to tell stories that no one has seen but that everyone will remember.
Talent Acquisition is a top priority for us as we grow our Animation Studio from the ground up. In order to make the best hires we need our team to be deep experts in the roles they hire for and the businesses they partner with. Our Recruiting Researchers should be able to define what ''the best'' candidate looks like for a given production in a specific discipline and know where to find and how to attract that talent.
We are looking for someone with 3+ years of experience in either recruiting and/or research within a fast-paced and high-growth environment. We will also consider people with Animation Production Management experience who are looking to make a career change and are excited to learn the craft of recruiting and research. This person will work closely with a Recruiter on all our post production and editorial hires for our original features, series and adult animation productions at the Studio. Think every editor, assistant editor, animatic editor and post production supervisor as examples.
More about the role:
• You will be a trusted partner to your hiring managers (the Netflix Animation Post Production team and show Producers) and develop a strong understanding of their timelines and specific hiring needs to be able to address both immediate and long-term objectives.
• You will be responsible for driving the early stages of the recruiting pipeline and will define and own the search strategies though an inclusive lens. Completing competitive research, proactively networking, sourcing passive candidates, posting jobs online, partnering with industry organizations and hosting events (even virtually!) could all be efforts you'll consider.
• You will conduct phone interviews to assess candidate background/skillset, project interests and personal timelines to be able to distill and make recommendations to hiring managers on next steps.
• You will work closely with the Talent Operations team and other Researchers to identify where there are opportunities for greater efficiency specifically relating to the Researcher function and the tools at our disposal.
More about you:
• You are excited to be a part of this unique high-performance culture of which the foundations are freedom, responsibility, and impact
• You are a quick study, motivated by professional growth and will be deeply curious and committed to learning about the post production and editorial profession for Animation. This includes having a familiarity with the Motion Pictures Editors Guild - local 700 union.
• You are tenacious in the pursuit of stellar talent and have creativity and appetite to try different search strategies and channels, as needed
• You are deeply committed to ensuring an inclusive and diverse pipeline of talent are considered and are confident in addressing the topic of representation with hiring managers.
• You are self-directed and proactive, working well autonomously but remaining communicative and collaborative with your colleagues especially your Recruiter partner.
• You have a curious mindset, always eager to challenge prevailing assumptions and have courage to be the voice of dissent when you believe it is in the best interest of Netflix.
• You have extremely high attention to detail and understand the importance of time management, data integrity and organization.
• You are good at navigating ambiguity and are proactive to find the answer to things you don't have the answer to and even build something that will help the greater team be more effective as we scale.
• You thrive in a fast paced, high volume environment where change happens regularly and pride yourself on an ability to juggle multiple high priority tasks at once.