Manager, Platform Editorial
Universal City, CA
NBC Universal is looking for a Writer/Digital Producer for NBCLX, a new brand dedicated to telling stories in our local communities that compel our audience to engage and take action. The Writer/Digital Producer will write, review and publish articles, headlines, display copy and other content for the NBCLX brand, and help the Digital Director manage content across all NBCLX digital platforms, including the web, apps, social and OTT.
The ideal Writer/Digital Producer candidate is an excellent writer with experience creating unique and compelling digital content aimed at a younger audience. S/he must have strong copy-editing skills, news judgment, and organizational ability, as well as a firm grasp of how younger news consumers use existing and emerging platforms. The right candidate has experience working on fast-paced deadlines and knows how to make stories shine on multiple platforms – whether it's a story they've produced from scratch or something created by the NBCLX team. The candidate must be a natural collaborator who is able to work effectively with the NBCLX team and the broader NBC Owned Television Stations digital team.
• At least 3 years of professional experience writing for a digital-first news organization or brand.
• Experience working in a newsroom and creating content on fast-paced deadlines.
• Proven track record managing assets published to digital platforms, including reviewing for accuracy and grammar.
• Strong grasp of AP style.
• Prior experience working with a CMS.
• Understanding of digital analytics and trends
• Basic current knowledge of copyright laws as it applies to digital publishing and social media
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Strong editorial judgment and journalistic ethics
• Demonstrated experience producing engaging content aimed at a younger audience
• Proven knowledge of libel, slander laws in regards to digital media
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high-pressure environment
• Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels
• Create content for multiple platforms aimed at younger news consumers
• Experience managing a homepage and or social media channels for a digital news organization
• Copy editing experience is a plus.