• As a Producer, you will be responsible for the creation of weekend/weekday newscasts as needed. As a Story Producer, you will be responsible for sourcing, researching, writing, and editing content for daily news broadcasts televised or distributed via digital/multi-platforms.
• Produce newscasts and other broadcast content in an automated production control environment
• Conceptualize stories with producers, story producers, and talent, critique production and writing of news stories and edit stories and related video for all of platforms.
• Work with newscast directors, creative, promotion and news staff to coordinate production of newscasts.
• Gather, edit, and assemble news content – focusing on (but not limited to) News, Weather and Traffic for broadcast and multi-platform applications.
• Prepare pre-pro, tease, edit and archive video.
• Write text articles, publish video clips and edit image galleries according to the local editorial ''voice''.
• Execute all publishing workflows for video, images and text including publishing to social media platforms.
• Edit news video content using non-linear editing equipment.
• Enforce editorial style guides, standards and practices.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience as broadcast producer and/or story producer with some fill-in producer time.
• Bachelor's degree
• At least 1 year prior news editing experience
• Ability to work on multiple tasks and stories simultaneously in a fast paced environment
• Ability to react to breaking news, updating the news as stories evolve and write intros and leads to video online content
• Demonstrated knowledge of AP style writing and guidelines
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) both written and verbal
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through the www.nbcunicareers.com site
• Must be willing to work at the station in San Diego location
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must have ability to work any of a 24x7 shift
• Must accept Solutions, NBCUniversal's Dispute Resolution Program
• Must submit a sample of own work to be considered
• Ability to direct the news crew in a ''producer-driven'' environment
• Up to date on and interested in current news events, familiarity with local leaders a plus
• Knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations
• Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision
• Team player who is flexible
• Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines
• High degree of integrity and professionalism
• Strong organizational skills
• Knowledge of Dalet work environment a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzko13-3-229-142-104-42 in your application.