Manager, IT Procurement
New York, NY
About Our Team:
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU's vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It's what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
The NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division includes 42 NBC and Telemundo local television stations, a regional news network (NECN) and their associated websites and digital platforms, national multicast networks COZI TV and TeleXitos, as well as LX, a new TV and streaming network designed for Gen Z and millennial audiences, a group of out-of-home properties, and an in-house marketing and promotions companies.
As the Director, Web Product Development, you will be building the suite of products (desktop & mobile) that can scale for millions of users, and have an opportunity to own the entire web development technology, champion SEO, work on new initiatives, partner with cross-functional leaders, implement analytics, influence stakeholders, as well as work on advertising products that get directly integrated on the sites.
Your Day Includes:
• Own SEO as well as Google AMP workstreams and implementing best practices
• Lead, architect, and implementing new frameworks and technological advancements that are in-line market trends
• Do hands-on development as and when needed to support the team and for building proof of concepts. Ideally comfortable with HTML/CSS, React, PHP, SASS, WordPress, Plugin Development, Git, Speed optimization, Charles
• Define technical business requirements for a team of developers and work in parallel streams
• Work with tech leads, senior editors, products, and several cross-functional teams to plan, prioritize, and deliver on complex requirements
• Partner with the Analytics and AD Operations team to implement functionalities for desktop and mobile sites
• Build, modify, and maintain WordPress plugin and implementation thereof
• Identify key areas of improvement across all web properties with page download speed, code optimization, unit testing, and automation
• Work closely with the product team to elaborate on daily issues, enhancements, and requirements from stations and other stakeholders
• Build team cohesiveness by leading conversations between multiple stakeholders including stations, vendors, and internal groups
• Manage vendor evaluation, relationships, and communications.
• Create presentations, pitching ideas, and current status to management teams
• Working in a fast-paced news environment with a willingness to support the team when news breaks
Who We're Looking For:
• World-class level knowledge of web development, particularly around live and on-demand video playback
• Knowledge of Adobe Experience Cloud products and technical implementation
• Solid knowledge of GitHub and Agile processes
• Understanding and experience using ComScore, Chartbeat, and Taboola
• Proven success in developing staff members into star performers
• Bachelor's degree; or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of web development experience highly preferred
• 6+ years of management experience highly preferred
• 2+ years of WordPress implementation and hand-on knowledge