Universal City, CA
The VP Casting for Universal Television Alternative Studio will be responsible for all matters related to casting and talent management, including identifying new and upcoming talent, developing relationships for potential placement on a variety of programs, and managing the relationships between the creative executives/producers and existing talent. This role will report to the President, Universal Television Alternative Studio.
• Manage unscripted talent efforts for Universal Television Alternative Studio and NBCU Domestic Television Distribution.
• Work with Writers, Producers, Talent and Management to cast talent for on air segments.
• Maintain extensive relationships with the talent and representatives.
• Identify & meet with various talent for potential development and/or future opportunities with UTAS and NBCU Domestic TV Dist.
• Collaborate with UTAS producer overalls to determine talent needs.
• Help develop talent-based unscripted programming for UTAS and pitch new show ideas/concepts to talent and their reps where necessary.
• Create talent lists for the studio and first run syndication as needed.
• Target breakthrough talent and stay current on trends, as well as foster relationships with emerging talent.
• Attend various events to scout potential talent & partnerships.
• Act as a liaison between the talent, UTAS and other internal and external partners.
• Manage tracking & stay up to date on the status of talent for projects across the unscripted space.
• Participate in talent presentations for the UTAS and NBCU Domestic TV Dist.
• Render talent management services in person on set as required.
• Organize and run meetings, mixers, and seminars to diversify department relationships with the talent community.
• Provide analytical and executional support on all talent breakdowns for projects in development.
• Administer the department talent database and handle ad hoc projects as necessary.
• Minimum 10 years' experience casting for an Entertainment based production.
• Extensive relationships with celebrity talent, managers, publicists, and agents.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered.
• Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Experience in unscripted television & digital content, ideally from a talent, production, or development standpoint.
• Previous experience in alternative program casting for a broadcast network.
• Experience as a talent booker on a daily or weekly entertainment show highly preferred.
• Established relationships with casting outlets in the Los Angeles and New York areas.
• Collaborative team player who works well with others, exhibits flexibility, is passionate about talent, unscripted content, the entertainment industry, an avid TV watcher, and a strategic thinker.
• Knowledgeable about talent in front of, and behind, the camera and strives to always be learning and developing within that space.
• Willing to actively learn and continue to grow.
• Proactive in developing relationships within and outside of the network and studio.
• Problem solver who presents ideas and solutions.
• Ability to work with and manage expectations of individuals with widely varying personalities.
• Assertive, enthusiastic and highly motivated self-starter with a passion for TV and Pop Culture.
• Polished with good interpersonal skills, creative sensitivity and diplomacy.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high energy environment.