Reporting to the EVP, Corporate Strategy & Development, the VP, Corporate Strategy & Development will have responsibility for critical strategic projects. They will oversee market assessments, sizing of new opportunities, specific company evaluations, partnership structures, and M&A work.
In this highly visible position, the VP, Corporate Strategy & Development will be a critical member of NBCU's Corporate Strategy & Development leadership team supporting top corporate executives. They will also partner with key functional leaders across all divisions of NBCUniversal including international business lines, as well as sister companies Comcast Cable and Sky and corporate parent Comcast.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Work independently and lead small teams of corporate strategy and business unit resources in critical strategic projects including business strategy, market assessments and sizing of new opportunities, specific company evaluations, partnership incentives and structures, and M&A/investments
• Analyze consumer and market trend data as well as prepare and present financial modeling for ongoing engagements
• Communicate findings effectively both verbally and in written form including end-to-end, polished, executive-ready presentations
• Identify and evaluate opportunities around new businesses and extensions of existing businesses including in international territories, rapidly growing digital sectors and emerging market segments
• Continually evaluate new market trends and competitive opportunities/threats; support Comcast's overall corporate strategy and business development planning with focus on long term growth for the combined businesses
• Develop strategic relationships with companies operating across a variety of platforms in both traditional and digital consumer segments
• Unlock strategic opportunities across NBCU's network of partners; work to strengthen the cohesiveness across Comcast and NBCU's operating units
• Identify new trends, categories, concepts and businesses that will profitably grow the corporation in alignment with the strategic plan
• Assess fit, feasibility, and financial impact of new corporate and divisional strategic investments and work on variety of high-level special projects, including competitive due diligence
• Contribute to the building, mentorship and retention of an outstanding, high performing team; provide inspiring leadership on multiple levels - thought leadership, operational excellence, performance orientation and collaborative leadership throughout the organization
• Other projects as assigned
• Bachelor's degree with top-tier management consulting, investment banking, and/or business strategy experience in the media and technology space
• 11-12+ years of strategic planning experience across various media and consumer business lines, including digital/mobile/streaming content and services, content creation and distribution, filmed entertainment, parks and attractions and other consumer intimacy models
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Willingness to travel and work overtime
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• MBA or other advanced degree
• Excellent quantitative analysis skills with significant experience analyzing consumer and market trend data
• Ability to integrate market, competition, trends, organizational state and other issues into a coherent vision for change, development and growth
• Ability to accurately assess longer term implications of changing business models with simultaneous focus on optimizing the short term; you are someone who understands the growth drivers of the business and prioritizes initiatives that will accelerate momentum
• Outstanding strategy skills; a well-developed understanding of consumer behaviors and usage patterns; know how to move quickly and seize opportunities in a rapidly changing media landscape
• Tech-savvy with a strong conceptual understanding of digital and mobile technologies, staying abreast of relevant trends that could impact the organization's business short and long-term
• Superb diplomacy skills, ability to use appropriate levers to persuade others to take action and to strive to find solutions that meet the mutual needs of all parties and the company as a whole
• Intelligent, decisive, quick, forward-thinking, strategic, and tactical executive; proven ability to work across an organization at all levels with technical, creative, and executive team members
• Self-confident personal style; able to present ideas to important constituencies, earning the confidence and trust of others; perceived as a thought leader; has the ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt to changing business conditions
• Exceptional influencing skills and preferred experience working across many areas and levels of an organization
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1b8xm-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.