London, United Kingdom
The Traffic Manager is responsible for managing all sales supports and operational functions related to booking, scheduling, invoicing and reporting. The successful candidate will be part of a small team of with one direct report, and will work closely with the Traffic Director.
The ideal candidate would be someone who has exceptional attention to detail, alongside experience in managing people and schedules. Someone with strengths in troubleshooting problems, coordinating multiple activities / stakeholders at the same time would be well suited for this exciting position.
Sales Operations/Traffic Scheduling
• Liaison with our global sales representatives on sales contracts, advertising campaign, billing, per spot rate, airtime availability and advertising spending matters.
• Supervising and checking of media schedules that are booked into the Traffic system.
• Oversee of the daily commercial transmission log for all regions compile and proceed on schedule. To resolve any operational matters arising.
• Supervising and monitoring of CNBC sponsorship and commercials carried on TV channels as required.
• Oversee the traffic and regulatory approval of commercial material for CNBC. In particular, liaison with any affiliates and CNBC partners for their domestic regulation and approval.
• Oversee scheduling of barter campaign from sales, marketing and distribution.
• Liaison with News/Editorial/promo team on feature reports/weeks sponsorship schedule.
• Supervising and checking of monthly invoices raised by Finance Department and checking of post transmission schedules with the booking orders.
• Coach, mentor, and empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals
• Delegate agreed responsibilities and expect accountability, regular feedback and transparent communication.
• Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, supportiveness, and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed
• Lead employees through the NBCU performance management process
• Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action, with the assistance of HR, when necessary.
• For program sponsorship, responsible for the implementation of on air sponsorship as per client commitment.
• Coordinate with CNBC partners to get on-air sponsorship material scheduled as committed.
• Monitoring inventory level (airtime sold), airtime availability, average per 30 seconds rate (average cost) and types of spot sold in different day-parts.
• Inventory management for across EMEA region.
• Prepare airtime inventory analysis which shows airtime utilization by day-part, spot types, average rate per 30 seconds by day-part, revenue by programs and hour, etc
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience in a linear Commercial Traffic/Sales Operations department.
• Previous experience within an international media, or preferably news, organisation
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Candidates must have good planning skills and the ability to anticipate problems and develop a plan of action to prevent delays in the organization's workflow
• Excellent organisational skills
• Amazing people management skills and a positive attitude
• Ability to be proactive AND reactive
• Thorough understanding around the ad sales process and thinking ahead before each required step
• Logical thinker and clear communicator
• Great time management and ability to work to tight deadlines
• Eligible to work in the UK
• Fluency in English
• Additional languages would be beneficial
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy48vp-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.