The Remote Technical Manager is the primary technical operations representative on-site during assigned NBC Sports remote broadcasts. They are responsible for end-to-end execution and delivery of the established production plan.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Serve as primary on-site point of contact for Director, Remote Technical Operations and NBC staff.
• Work closely with Production teams in planning processes of remote broadcast.
• Assist in financial planning and budget tracking
• Attend site surveys when necessary
• Arrange technical planning meetings
• Publish pre-event tech book.
• Liaise with NBC staff and facilities vendors to procure all necessary equipment.
• Publish post-event tech report and follow up issues to resolution.
• Oversee remote broadcast compound:
• Truck layouts
• Cable plans
• Power systems
• Integrate remote facilities with Stamford facility when necessary
• Manage large crews (often ≤100 people) of NBC technicians and facilities vendors. Which includes:
• Maintaining on-site crew schedule
• Managing crew payroll.
• Maintain technical and broadcast quality
• Ensure quality of transmission lines from remote compound through final TX demarcation.
• Resolve on-air issues in real time
• Attend weekly staff meetings
• Minimum 5 years' experience as a Technical Manger or Broadcast Engineer
• Knowledge of MS Office suite, Adobe suite, AutoCad.
• Willingness to travel (domestic & international) and work nights and weekends
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Must be proactive and able to solve problems under pressure
• Must be a good communicator
• Must be organized and thorough
• Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally