The SVP, Development will report to and work with the EVP, UCP to develop new series for Universal Content Productions.
• Manage key creative decisions with Universal Content Productions' creative focus and priorities in mind
• Develop programming, including identifying and securing new talent for projects in development
• Identify new business opportunities, pursuing potential deals where appropriate
• Communicate this strategy to staff and applicable stakeholders, as well as manage the department in pursuit of these goals.
• Identify new writers with the potential for future development
• Work with UCP Talent Deals to source and develop projects
• Supervise the production of multiple pilots/series
• Work with Business Affairs to close talent and production deals
• Partner with Executive Producers and UCP Production to solve budget issues
• Work with UCP Production, Executive Producers and network/streaming outlet to ensure concepts are fully realized in production.
• Build and maintain relationships with executives, producers, directors, and production companies
• Serve as liaison between production, current, casting and other network departments including publicity, marketing, finance, etc.
• Foster a culture of creative risk-taking
• Manage all direct reports to the fulfillment of their responsibilities
• Mentor and provide feedback on developing creative abilities for each executive on the team
• Minimum 12 years of narrative scripted series experience in development
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Creative and passionate
• Innovative and entrepreneurial
• Experience in television development and production
• Strong relationships with agents, managers, writers and producers
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, and high energy environment
• Team player who works well with others and has an ability to multitask
• Knowledge of basic web technology
• Leadership and mentoring skills
• Experience in evaluating incoming pitches as well as developing pitches to take to market.
• Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d94ybk-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.