New York, NY
• You will work with WordPress, PHP, AWS (Lambda, SQS, SNS, S3, EC2) to support all Owned Television Stations digital properties
• Develop, deploy and enhance multiple websites with a PHP-based Content Management System
• Create APIs for consumption by other teams and integrate with numerous external APIs
• Act as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a ''do what it takes'' attitude to ensure product and team success
• Analyze problems and help create innovative solutions involving technology, methodology, tool and solution components
• Ensure product quality and timeliness of work, provide advice and guidance, and resolve problems to meet objectives
• Help develop new and refine existing processes to enhance quality and productivity
• Proficiency in WordPress, PHP, AWS (Lambda, SQS, SNS, S3, EC2)
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (preferred) or related technical discipline
• 5+ years of professional experience working with and staying current in the latest advances in web technologies, highly preferred
• Development experience building plugins, themes, templates, custom fields, multisite, multilingual websites, integrations and caching implementations
• Proficiency with at least one Object oriented language like Java, C#, C++, etc.
• Solid understanding of server-side technologies and design patterns
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance
• Proficiency with code profiling, performance tuning, and testing
• Extensive experience with code versioning tools like GitHub
• Experience managing web servers and understanding of DNS, WAF, web proxies etc.
Proficient understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
• Working knowledge of CMS, preferably in a news publishing environment
• Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code solutions
• Experience building scalable software solutions
• Experience building/optimizing RESTful APIs
• Experience with languages like Python, Ruby, SQL etc.
• Capable of planning and writing software that enables cross-vendor integration via SDKs/APIs/etc.
Experience with continuous integration tools and environments
• You're open to ideas and doing things differently
• You're eager to learn new things and share ideas with peers
• Understands coding design patterns
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnb901-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.