Sr. Financial Analyst
New York, NY
Exciting opportunity to work at the Entertainment Group, consisting of Bravo, E!, Oxygen, USA, Syfy, Universal Kids, NBC Entertainment & Syndication Studios. This role falls within the FP&A division of the newly formed Television & Streaming: Entertainment business unit. The Sr. Financial Analyst will report into the Sr. Director of FP&A, and partner with TV & Streaming HQ, as well as with peers across other TV & Streaming businesses. Responsibilities include assisting in P&L, Balance Sheet and operational finance management. This role offers the unique opportunity to learn all areas of the business: Ad Sales, Programming, Digital, Marketing, etc. while interacting with operating leadership and NBCU Finance leadership.
• Assist with overseeing financial planning, estimating and reporting processes including: reviewing the general ledger, consolidating the P&L, managing corporate files and templates, and putting together financial variance commentary.
• Oversee SAP reporting system (Business Planning & Consolidation), partnering closely with the SAP BPC team in managing the backend system and ensuring its setup for each pacing & estimate cycle. Have ownership over loading estimates and financial variance commentary into the system.
• Partner with operational finance (ie: Programming, Marketing, Digital, Research) to collect & effectively monitor financials, which includes gaining an understanding of their businesses.
• Identify and implement ways to further simplify, automate & standardize processes across all areas.
• Support team with invoice processing tasks, as well as managing the AP approval matrix.
• Contribute to presentations to NBCU Finance leadership & perform ad hoc analyses, providing insightful views into the channels' operations and financial performance.
• Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field.
• 2+ years of progressive experience in Accounting and/or Finance
• General ledger experience
• Proficient with MS Office – particularly Excel & PowerPoint
• Experience in SAP/BPC/Analysis for Excel.
• External applicants are encouraged to submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Willing to work in New York, NY.
• Willing to take drug test and submit to a background investigation.
• Have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Covered by Solutions- NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Strong analytical skills, process thinker, forecasting/planning skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Self Starter, can work independently.
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Continuous improvement attitude, ability to seek out and implement internal or external best practices.
• Strong computer/analysis skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
• Accuracy and attention to detail and deadlines.