NBCUniversal is seeking a WordPress Software Engineer to develop, maintain and enhance NBCUniversal Local's 40 English and Spanish language news & sports market sites and connected platforms. You will be joining a team that creates features and products for the Olympics, FIFA World Cup, and other sporting events. You will also continue development of our core Weather products used by millions across the country and assist our frontend teams in streamlining our Breaking News workflows.
• Develop, maintain and debug a multi-site WordPress environment housing over 35 properties and their connected platforms.
• Be responsible for backend development and maintenance of WordPress themes, plugins, and updates.
• Write high-quality and testable code which can be leveraged by others.
• Collaborate with product, design, and cross-functional engineering teams to build new and innovative products.
• Proactively raise product or code improvement opportunities and contribute ideas to address them.
• Communicate with other NBCUniversal business units or teams to execute and deliver company-wide initiatives.
• Actively participate in all agile team ceremonies and ensure all commitments are delivered on time.
• Minimum 3 years of professional working experience with WordPress technologies in a development environment.
• Experience with modern PHP best practices (autoloading, OOP, dependency management, and dependency injection)
• Experience creating and maintaining unit tests during feature development.
• Experience working within the Agile methodology and framework.
• Strong understanding of Git and GitFlow workflow.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Understanding of and working experience with Gutenberg & WordPress Blocks
• Understanding of and working experience with React.
• Understanding of WordPress api-fetch, nonces, and enqueuing.
• Understanding of AWS Lambda, SQS, SNS, S3, EC2.
• Experience with WP VIP.
• Experience with PHP
• Experience with Python
Salary range: $105,000 - $140,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqp5kz-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.