The Senior Software Engineer will develop software for our current and next generation cloud and mobile enterprise products. Working closely with Product, Engineering and Operational Teams, this highly visible and mission critical position will assist in the development of products that process tens of millions of online golf rounds per year. You will work with cutting edge technologies and become involved in the implementation and evolution of the entire product development lifecycle.
The Senior Software Engineer will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that is responsible for new products, new features, maintenance and support of our platform through the delivery of key responsibilities that include;
• Contributing to the design and development of Object-Oriented software.
• Interacting with multiple stakeholders spanning Product, Technology and Operations teams.
• Contributing to the software development lifecycle including analysis, design, coding and testing.
• Proactively managing their own tasks to agreed deadlines.
• The ability to take ownership for delivery of any projects they are contributing towards.
• Adopting and providing feedback on industry best practices to our development teams.
• Working collaboratively within and beyond the team to identify innovative ways to improve practices and procedures.
• Mentoring and onboarding new team members.
It is essential that candidates have 5 years of experience that includes:
• Extensive Software Development experience
• Experience using SQL and RDBMS, preferably MS SQL
• Experience developing in C#
Candidates must also be able to demonstrate:
• Professional experience in Object Oriented Development
• That they are self-motivated, highly organised, proactive and passionate about software development
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail
You will have the edge over the competition if you can demonstrate skills and experience in:
• .NET Core
• ORM frameworks such as Entity Framework or similar
• Docker and microservices
• Unit testing and Mocking frameworks
• CI/CD with build tools such as Jenkins/GitHub/GitLab
• Agile delivery principles & supporting processes
Hybrid working arrangements are available.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r705yk-44-197-198-214-42 in your application.