Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting and Reporting, participates in the day-to-day operations of the Film Headquarters Controllership team, and will assist in a wide range of accounting, finance and consolidation matters for the Filmed Entertainment Segment, including supporting financial reporting obligations to NBCUniversal Corporate and external parties. The role is in a fast paced headquarters environment, interfaces with teams domestically and internationally, and has opportunities for growth.
- Key contributor to the quarter close process with oversight of our $1.5B global Participations & Residuals liability balance.
- Prepare and assist in close and consolidation journal entries, validating balances, account reconciliations, by-title rollforwards, and investigating variances to prior periods.
- Perform reclass journal entries of participation payments to the correct label or accounts.
- Assist investigation of historical transactions and data gathering for participation and guild audits and inquiries.
- Assist Manager and Director in creating a new process/controls to monitor master data.
- Prepare NBCU Corporate data request submissions, gathering and consolidating information from various sources.
- Prepare and present quarterly Balance Sheet Review packet to Film's SVP Global Controller and CFO.
- Collaborate with FP&A to review amortization and analyze impact associated with changes in ultimates. Participate in ongoing review and validation of participation and residual ultimate assumptions and estimates for reasonableness.
- Assist with contract review and perform technical accounting research. As needed.
- Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives and opportunities to build efficiencies into existing reporting routines.
- Participate in annual SOX 404 certification and audits.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Minimum of 2+ years of finance experience.
- CPA or on path to obtaining CPA License preferred.
- Excel skills and working knowledge of Powerpoint
(note job #: )
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States (if applicable)
- Must be 18 years or older (if applicable)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively across the organization
- Inquisitive and eager to learn
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Able to identify issues and make recommendations for solutions
- Takes initiative
- Strong work ethic and follow through
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Proficient with Excel and managing/manipulating large data sets
- Flexible and able to take on new challenges as they arise