The Kelly Clarkson Show Digital team is seeking a talented, quick, creative senior digital video editor to join our small but growing digital team.
The role will report directly to the supervising digital producer and require editors to work end-to-end on video content. From setting up the shoot with lighting and audio to shooting using a DSLR or other digital cameras to editing the footage, to creating a strong narrative and story that represents the brand's tone and creative.
Video content may range from long and short form digital videos, digital franchises, semi-scripted to unscripted, social videos, individual segments, sizzle videos, mashups, longer-form episodes and branded content.
Editors should be skilled and adept at working with footage, identifying solutions for challenges, making smart tonal decisions with music and graphics and more.
• Edit and shoot video content for an array of video platforms utilized on The Kelly Clarkson Show's Digital team including, KellyClarksonShow.com, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more as assigned.
• Utilize a variety of footage from original video, social video, iPhone footage, professionally shot video to create digital videos that reflect the strength and storytelling of the Kelly Clarkson Show Digital brand
• Skilled at creating and editing digital video franchises that are episodic in nature. Franchises may be short form for social or be longer in format at 10+ minutes.
• Set up shoots from lighting, audio, mics with ease and work with in-house talent as well as guests on the shoot
• Skilled communication and presence when supporting the supervising digital video editors
• Ability to clearly articulate edits you make or solutions with footage and explain your editorial and storytelling decisions
• Create own graphics and end cards for all videos
• Ability to caption own videos and write copy that is grammatically correct and without error
• Ability to multi-task shoots and video edits based on the supervising editor's priorities
• Smart, creative decision making
• Collaborate with various departments internally to ensure that all key stakeholder needs are being met, from talent booking to legal to executive producers to supervising producers to music
• Ensure compliance with company guidelines, including deadlines, legal practices, confidentiality, and design standards
• Constantly iterate and incorporate audience feedback and data into content
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest social, internet zeitgeist, pop-culture, and entertainment news and have a clear understanding of The Kelly Clarkson Show's brand and topical areas
• Producing video or pitching creative content is a plus for this role
• 4-5+ years of experience as a content shooter/editor/sometimes producer, with demonstrated ability to create end-to-end original digital video content, that is adaptable to multiple social and digital video platforms.
• Advanced level knowledge of current audio/video editing hardware and software, such as: Adobe Premiere and AVID
• Advanced level knowledge of current graphics/compositing software, such as: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
• Must be self-sufficient in taking projects from start to completion.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and work quickly and efficiently under pressure. Stay level-headed and calm in a fast-paced environment and daily talk show.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively and professionally interact with executive-level staff as well as talent.
• Strong expertise of video codecs, DSLR and 4K workflow.
• Strong expertise of audio mixing, sound design, and color correction.
• Strong expertise of the ever-changing landscape of camera technology and production equipment.
• Must be equally comfortable on set, behind an editing keyboard, and with a camera in hand.
• Strong passion for music, pop culture, internet trends, social media and entertainment
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must have ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings due to news cycles and breaking news, the role begins after show wraps
• Ability to juggling many tasks daily and monthly
• Ability to adapt as new elements of the role arise
• Be a team player, contribute to broader team initiatives
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4jy67-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.