Job Purpose: Senior Analyst, Accounting and Finance, participates in the day-to-day financial operations of NBC 6 and Telemundo 51 and will assist in a wide range of accounting, finance and reporting responsibilities as outlined below:
• Key contributor to the monthly and quarterly close process including posting journal entries, preparing
account reconciliations, rollforwards, and investigating variances to prior periods.
• Lead capital expenditure and reporting process from start to finish. This involves working closely with
Tech-Ops and News departments to obtain approval for new projects, ensure all projects are completed
within deadlines and properly inventoried, capitalized and accounted for and managing the fixed asset
• Work with News Operations Manager on vehicle fleet management and other news operations.
• Balance Sheet accounting – responsible for amortization of pre-paid assets, FAS 13 balances, set
amortization and preparing monthly and quarterly account reconciliations.
• Prepare semi-annual Balance Sheet review packet to include detailed supporting documentation and
• Work with Sales and Credit teams on accounts receivable management: prepare agings, analysis,
conduct cash calls, identify top account for management.
• Supplemental reporting required by corporate in accordance with quarterly closes.
• Calculate and prepare monthly sales tax filing.
• Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives and opportunities to build efficiencies into
existing reporting routines.
• Assist in the preparation of annual budget, estimates, and long-range plan by thoroughly understanding
key business drivers.
• Assist with ad-hoc projects as needed.
• Develop good working relationships with team members, station employees, station management and HQ
stations finance team.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA or on path to obtaining CPA License preferred
• Minimum 3 years of accounting/finance experience (entertainment industry preferred), with experience in general ledger functions (journal entries, monthly/quarterly closing)
• Knowledge of GAAP
• Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively across the organization
• Inquisitive and eager to learn
• Strong business acumen and analytical skills
• Detail focused and organized
• Able to identify issues and make recommendations for solutions
• Takes initiative