Breaking News Editor
New York, NY
• Research, write and produce strong editorial copy with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
• Produce live segments for live show, including writing sharp questions and identifying the strongest possible elements
• Pitch the most relevant, timely and compelling ideas for day-of and future segments
• M ulti-task and juggle producing multiple stories for regular and breaking-news programming
• Mine and edit the best video and sound for assigned stories
• Quality check all video content
• Keep senior producers and the EP up to date with daily news development of assigned stories
• You have a Bachelor's degree
• You've been working in broadcast, digital or cable for 3+ years – preferably working on live daily shows or in and around a control room
• You are willing to work in New York, New York when the pandemic is over.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
• You've got thorough knowledge of current events
• Excellent editorial judgment and writing skills
• You've got big ideas and the journalistic writing and research skills to bring them to life
• You're familiar with iNEWS, can search and edit footage and cut your own VOs and SOTs
• When the news cycle calls you answer, even on weekends or late nights or after you've already put in a long day
• You live for the moments when news is breaking and
time to air is short