Digital Production Operations Specialist, Digital
Remote / Virtual
This position is represented by the NewsGuild WGA.
We are all about making stuff. New stuff. Mold-breaking stuff. And we are setting out to invent a new kind of news channel for a rising generation of news junkies.
On all the time. Live news of the highest quality. Authentic. Voicey. Not extreme. No shouting allowed. Unexpected. Maybe even funny sometimes. But always informative and always stories well-told.
There are tens of millions of people who need the news but who don't have cable. Inventing a new channel requires a new kind of voice. Creative, untethered to the tried and true but knows a best practice or two that's worth following. Fearless, deeply journalistic, and a thoughtful story-teller.
If inventing the future of news sounds like a good reason to get out of bed and go to work in the morning, then take a look at the nitty gritty below and get in touch. Resumes are helpful, sure, but seeing your work is what it's all about. And if your current body of work so far doesn't paint the right picture of you, then make us something else. But hurry. We've got a lot to do.
The bulk of the job:
• Pitch the most relevant, timely, and compelling ideas for day-of and future segments
• Find and book new and engaging guests for live and taped segments; conduct pre-interviews with show guests
• Multi-task and juggle producing multiple stories for regular and breaking-news programming
• Research and write strong editorial copy with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
• Mine and edit the best video and sound for assigned stories
• Quality check all video content
• Keep senior producers and the EP up to date with daily news development of assigned stories
• Produce live segments for live show, including writing sharp questions and identifying the strongest possible elements
You are strong in all the following ways:
• You've been working in broadcast, digital or cable for 5+
years – preferably working on live daily shows or in and
around a control room
• You're a journalist who is not afraid to pick up the phone
and conduct original reporting
• You've got big ideas and the journalistic writing and
research skills to bring them to life
• You've got thorough knowledge of current events, U.S.
politics, and pop culture
• You live for the moments when news is breaking and t
time to air is short
• You're familiar with inews, can search and edit footage
and cut your own VOs and SOTs
• When the news cycle calls you answer, even on
weekends or late nights or after you've already put in a
• You have a Bachelor's degree
• You are willing to work in New York, New York when the
pandemic is over
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY post-pandemic.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under
tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.