NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
The Global Distribution & International TV Research Department is responsible for supporting NBCU's channels (NBCU International Networks), content licensing (Global TV Distribution) and international streaming businesses, with audience based quantitative and qualitative research in the US and all international territories, for all television platforms.
This position focuses on providing research support to NBCU's content distribution teams in the US, Canada and Latin America, on both a pan-regional and country-specific basis. The Analyst will be responsible for performing all aspects of analytical research. This includes producing channel and program performance reports, pulling and analyzing cross-platform data, and handling routine requests from various stakeholders in the company. This position dual-reports to research executives in Los Angeles and New York. The position will also provide some support to local offices in Miami and London.
• Provide market, brand, channel and program analyses and insights based on linear TV and digital audience metrics
• Produce regular reports (daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly) monitoring NBCU and competitive content performance
• Write ratings performance analyses on NBCU's original and acquired series
• Create client-facing highlights for territory specific and Global Distribution teams, illuminating the success of NBCU series
• Provide research support for LA Screenings, NATPE, and other major annual conferences/events
• Master multiple ratings/streaming measurement software products
• Provide data reports in support of US, Canada and Latin America research projects and internal client requests
• Perform other duties as requested by management
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the company.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• All applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• 1 year of experience preferred
• Media research experience, research Internship or Analyst experience a plus
• Knowledge and understanding of the television industry relevant to broadcast, cable and digital platforms, including research terminology and methodology
• Possesses excellent writing and math skills, and the ability to communicate project results in a clear and concise manner
• Prior research experience with a distribution company/studio, broadcast or cable network, ad agency, international distributor, internet company or research firm strongly preferred.
• Competence with Nielsen National TV Toolbox (NPower), NNTV, Tech Edge, Infosys+, IBOPE InStar and ITVR preferred.
• Skills in advanced analytical applications, i.e. PowerBI and Tableau
• International research experience is a plus (particularly Latin America and/or Canada), but not required. Interest in the international aspect of the television business is a plus
• Detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
• Independent thinker who can take on a project from beginning to end with minimal supervision.
• Willingness to work extended hours when needed.
• Spanish and/or French speaking a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnxwx1-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.