This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
This is your chance to be part of a fast-evolving, trailblazing team that's bringing today's biggest stories to the youngest news consumers. You know, the ones who get all their information in the palm of their hand. Sound like you? Perfect. We're looking for someone to help assist in the production of our daily news show on Snapchat. Think of yourself as the go-to person between APs, producers & editors as they work their magic bringing the top stories to GenZ.
• Work closely with APs & producers to select and gather visual elements for daily segments and longer pieces
• Research & fact check with speed and accuracy
• Write occasional segments
• Work closely with editors to manage assets for edits
• Work with rights and clearances to ensure clearance of all elements used
• Pitch story ideas for day-of and future segments that appeal to GenZ
• Other duties as necessary to support the daily production
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• You've worked in broadcast, digital or cable, including internships, for at least 2 years
• You're proficient in non-linear editing systems, including
Premiere and Avid.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under
tight deadlines, including breaking news.
• Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled
shifts with little or no notice if needed.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• You're familiar with the process of searching for video
• You're familiar with tv and digital production procedures,
standards and practices.
• You keep calm and work fast in breaking news situations
• You have a strong interest in news and current events
• You're in tune with the types of stories GenZ cares about
• You have strong journalistic writing skills, research skills
and editorial judgment
• You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively
as part of an integrated team.
• Ability to be a self-starter and problem-solver.
• Strong follow-through and attention to detail.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjqb32-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.