The Production Assistant role is a critical junior maker on the team. It is an administrative and creative position that supports the Post Production team with distrubting media assets as well as collaborating with all creatives to suggest and internally produce content for campagins. It requires great attention to detail, creative drive and a proactive attitude. The ideal candidate will work well under pressure, apply critical thinking to their tasks, and will possess the ability to prioritize requests from multiple departments as needs arise.
• Works with show production, post department, development team, shoots team and the Post/MAM team to procure, organize and maintain all assets related to production of the shows or projects the team is working on
• Assist in the production of promotional content
• Supporting producers and PM's requests via heavy email communication and Slack.
• Fielding requests from multiple departments and individuals (Press, Digital, Social, Executive leadership, external producers/vendors)
• Maintain working relationships with assigned show post departments
• Develop, update, & Maintain marketing post memo's for assigned shows
• Locate, organize, and traffic all assets to production facilities (both internally and externally) to assist all departments.
• Dailies/VFX shots, episodes, sponsor logos,scripts, transcriptions and taglines to producers/vendors
• Digital Delivery – to and from vendors / producers/ editors / colorist and engineers via Aspera etc.
• Author, encode and deliver footage in various formats in support of press, off-air and strategic departments
• Facilitate requests with internal Media Asset Management (MAM) teams
• Manage external hard drives and tape digitization for tangible source assets
• Enter info and track materials in NBC's Media Library Services
• Editing – assist the prod & creative teams with the editing creative promos, video assets, clips pulls, shot requests, and footage scrubs
• Storage Area Network (SAN) Maintenance & Organization of all final and clean promotional assets
• Delivery and tracking of assets to internal and external departments (including digital, social, affiliate, VOD and EST)
• Maintain various departmental software/databases and manage user access for each
• Frequent document creation, maintenance and distribution
• Produce and traffic compilation reels for Company executives, weekly comp reels, and various other reel/material requests.
• Revising/retag current continuity creative.
• Opportunity to write, produce and edit new creative.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum 1 year experience in production or postproduction for television
• Strong Video Post-Production knowledge and editing skills (ideally Adobe Creative Suite)
• Sense of urgency and ability to prioritize projects/tasks through asking questions
• Strong work ethic - does not easily leave something uncompleted
• Strong organizational skills
• General aptitude and genuine interest for software and technology
• Mac Proficiency/Final Cut Studio/Adobe Suite
• Ability to work with tight time constraints, multiple simultaneous projects and long hours
• Aptitude for working well under pressure
• Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook
• Digital Video Formats and Transcoding
• Database software familiarity
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice