Want to work with one of America's most trusted and loved brands? As one of the biggest brands in the lifestyle space with more than 50M unique visitors, TODAY Digital is looking forward to our biggest year of growth yet. With a significant investment in the future, we're innovating and creating new ways to help audiences live better, more informed, happier, and healthier lives.
TODAY Digital is looking for energetic reporter to cover news of the morning, breaking news and interviews from broadcast, and general trending news. This role works morning hours, 7am-3pm ET.
This position is represented by the News Guild.
• Write stories for multiple news items daily: You'll write copy off the news-making moments from the TODAY broadcast - ranging from live interviews, exclusives and breaking news - as well as news trending around the web.
• Be clean, fast and accurate: Typos drive you crazy. Factual errors keep you up at night. You stay calm under pressure, think fast and turn stories around in a gist.
• Understand sourcing and outreach: You can identify sources and reach them quickly. You're not afraid to get on the phone. You know what questions and quotes will move the story forward.
• Be versatile: You must be able to easily flex between subjects like pop culture, health, parenting, food and more. You know who Joe Manchin is, but you also know who Kim Kardashian is dating.
• Have a gut instinct for a TODAY story: You're decisive on angles and assignments, and you write in a clear, conversational voice.
• Be headline-savvy: You have a knack for finding the hook while understanding what resonates on different platforms.
• 4+ years of writing experience in a newsroom
• Expertise writing SEO and social headlines
• Experience operating in a CMS
• Must be based in New York or Los Angeles
Additional Job Requirements:
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19
vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated,
submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days
following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the
commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced
protocols if Company determines your job position
requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19
workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Be proactive: You're constantly in search of an amazing
story that hasn't been told. You're innovating and looking
beyond the headlines everyone else is writing - whether
it's a second-day story or a longer, in-depth feature.
• Speak fluent Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and TikTok:
You're obsessed with the latest trends and know how to turn
those trends into shareable stories.
• Be data-driven: You use analytics to help guide story
selection and pivot based on performance.
• Come armed with a positive attitude: You're ready to tackle
any and every story sent your way.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxqkbz-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.