NBC Connecticut is looking for a digital and special projects video producer to create original videos designed for mobile, OTT, and other digital platforms, including content for the station's lifestyle show CT Live! We are looking for a candidate with a proven ability to create videos that are shareable and have impact with a digital audience. Our ideal candidate is full of ideas and can take a project from pitch to publication or take someone else's idea and produce it as if the idea was their own.
The ideal candidate will feel comfortable working on multiple pieces of content simultaneously, from quick-turn daily edits, to something that may take a week or more.
• Manage the creation of digital-first video products for a variety of social, digital and OTT platforms.
• Supervise and help grow existing digital video products on diverse platforms.
• Write, pitch, produce and edit original videos for digital platforms
• Find stories in data and present data visually in videos
• Digest a lot of information and present it in a simple video
• Develop, write, and produce digital specific series/franchises
• Develop graphic elements and treatments for your videos to engage mobile users.
• Develop best practices and expertise around creating, publishing and distributing videos specific to various digital platforms, and train digital and broadcast producers in those best practices
• Actively monitor a variety of video sources to identify content that would appeal to our audience
• Write headlines and text for your videos to maximize engagement
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Must have at least 2 years of experience producing videos for digital platforms
• Experience editing videos on tight deadlines
• Experience editing in Adobe Premiere
• Must be proficient in After-Effects and Photoshop
• Ability to shoot with DSLR and use lighting, audio equipment
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadlines, including breaking news
• Must be willing to work all shifts as required by news and events (including nights and weekends)
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
• Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal's Alternative Dispute Resolution program
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Deep knowledge of current events
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for digital attention
• Familiarity with social media platforms
• Outstanding communication skills
• Experience with a complex CMS a plus
• Exceptional communication skills
• Knowledge of TV and web writing
• The desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment
• Experience in editing video for TV and web
• Experience in a news environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy47n0-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.