NBCUniversal Global Distribution is responsible for the sales and distribution of NBC Universal product to all forms of television and new media platforms in over 200 territories across the globe, its revenue portfolio exceeding $5Bn per year. This includes a rich library of more than 4,200 feature films and 110,000 television episodes, including current and classic titles, non-scripted programming, sports, news, long-form and short-form programming, and locally produced content from around the world. NBCUniversal Global Distribution is a division of Comcast NBCUniversal.
The Manager role will support the financial systems controllership team with testing and documentation of current as is and future state processes, problem solving support for current production system tickets with technology team and assisting controllership with additional project-based work.
The individual will be extremely organized, inquisitive, detailed, and have an accounting background to understand impact to financial statements. This role is highly visible as it will have the unique responsibility of working closely with our cross divisional NBCU Finance family (Film, TV Networks, Peacock, and Production studios), as well as exposure to several global financial and technology leaders.
• Become superuser for all Global TVD systems (GTM, SAFE, CAFÉ, ARMR, MicroStrategy, and SAP). Develop and maintain close relationship with all technology system leads.
• Support the Sr. Finance Manager with outstanding open production tickets and current enhancements.
• Assist the accounting team in processing domestic flat fee new and revised deals. Review international flat fee process via training materials and identify differences in operational processing procedures.
• Attend domestic digital meetings with our global processing teams to help solution open items for Finance Director.
• Review open miscellaneous A/R balances weekly to understand the nature and master data required for each billing. Work with the processing team to understand current operations for future state.
• Review global digital operational process training sessions and practice in lower environments to understand end to end. Document and review findings with controllership team.
• Collaborate with multiple finance teams to understand current mandatory reporting used for processing and quarter close. Document reports (and use cases) for future state.
• Partner with operations, revenue assurance, and controllership to understand Global TVD end to end scenarios for all deal types.
• Ad hoc special projects as needed.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the company.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in Accounting and/or Finance.
• Experience in working with technology for system enhancements/projects.
• Must have advanced level MS Excel experience.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, California.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Strong analytical ability and detailed oriented
• A team player who can also work independently and is a self-starter
• Demonstrated ability to deliver while working under time pressure on multiple assignments
• Ability to adapt and work well in a rapidly changing environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills to liaison with various internal professionals
• Possesses high level of personal and professional integrity
• Proven problem-solving skills
• Strong business, work and personal ethics.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels in organization.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel; Adobe: Illustrator, Premiere, Photoshop, InDesign etc.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d20qx6-44-201-68-86-42 in your application.