Freelance Media Coordinator
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 12 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
This position is responsible for the organization, tracking, and management of digital content for use by our various Production units within the NBC Sports Group. The role serves as a first line of support for Production that runs 24/7, both at our NBC Sports Facility (Stamford, CT) and our various broadcast remote locations. This individual will be part of a team that involves all aspects of Production workflows (creation, documentation, support) and ensuring that they meet their deadlines. This role will work alongside our Broadcast & Post Engineering group, triaging the day-to-day issues and escalating as needed.
• Ingesting camera ENG and applying LUT's appropriately using a variety of tools (Avid, Adobe, Davinci, Telestream); processing/relinking HDR, 2K+ file based media.
• Ensuring production assets are archived so that they can easily be retrieved
• Managing the daily ingest of recorded events (pressers, shows, sporting events) and cataloguing appropriately
• Monitoring & managing the storage levels of multiple workgroups and workspaces and acting accordingly
• Providing daily support to Production in prioritizing asset restore requests in a timely period
• Assisting Production in both the distribution and retrieval of content using various digital deliveries (MediaShuttle, DropBox, etc.)
• Transcoding content to required specifications using a variety of tools (Avid, Adobe, Telestream, EVS)
• Metadata entry & editing
• Able to assist Production on a technical level with media issues throughout facility and escalating to Engineering when required
• Taking the time to educate Production of the various workflows available to them
• Ensuring the proper assembling and delivery of media for various remotes via hard drives (Tour de France, NASCAR, etc.)
• Bachelor's degree in TV Production or related field
• Minimum two (2) years of experience and working knowledge of Avid products (Interplay, Access, and Media Composer) or similar editing product
• Experience with ingesting footage//camera masters preferred
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to understand immediate issues and respond to meet day-of-air deadline.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays and must be able to adapt with little notice.
• Must be willing to travel on occasion
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Asset Management system knowledge a plus
• Cursory knowledge of video codecs
• Individual embracing and enthusiastic with new technologies
• Experience within a broadcast and/or post production environment
• Excellent communication and client skills
• Attention to detail and responsiveness
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Knowledge of Edit products preferred (Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premier/MediaEncoder)
• Technologically Proficient
• Is self-motivated, capable of working independently but also alongside a team as required.
• Able to handle and prioritize a high volume of production requests within a timely period
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb75wk-3-235-191-87-42 in your application.