Vice President, Production Safety
Universal City, CA
Global Talent Development & Inclusion was first established in 2017 as a groundbreaking diversity and inclusion department for the feature film industry by Universal Filmed Entertainment Group Chairman Donna Langley. GTDI expanded its purview in 2020 to add NBCUniversal Television & Streaming and Universal Studios Group. Building upon NBCUniversal's commitment to a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture, GTDI partners with Production and Human Resources departments across the Company's content ecosystem to create strategies that align with its mission to cultivate, amplify, attract and retain an inclusive talent pool on-screen, behind the camera, and within the NBCUniversal's workforce.
GTDI has an opening for a Manager reporting to the VP, Inclusion – Talent & Content who leads GTDI's Talent Engagement & Outreach (TE&O) efforts.
This is an important role in which the Candidate will contribute to the building and implementation of diversity, equity and inclusion practices across the NBCUniversal portfolio in the GTDI department. GTDI is a fast-paced and rapidly growing department which is the first of its kind to cover Film, TV and Streaming.
The Candidate will work closely with the VP in developing, maintaining and strengthening upcoming and current creative programs and initiatives; engage in diversity and inclusion practitioner strategies; internal and external partnerships and sponsorships; and work and interface with the various divisions within NBCUniversal. The Candidate will be the team lead on developing and managing the TE&O database ensuring that all team members contribute the relevant data in a timely manner. This position will also partner, as required, with the department's Production & Content and Marketing & Communications teams.
• Perform day-to-day duties in the coordination and execution of a wide range of creative programs and initiatives that fall within the TE&O lane, which will include the selection process; formatting and distribution of curriculum; securing guest speakers; event management, logistics and follow up.
• Act as an advisor to all current program participants and alumni to develop and create career momentum. Develop, execute and track action plans to current program participants and alumni.
• Lead on the management and maintenance of the TE&O program database (to include, but not limited to, panelists, participants, partners etc.), ensuring that the team regularly contribute to the databases and that viable tracking systems are in place.
• Provide mid- and year-end statistics from database.
• Participate in and contribute to NBCU internal DEI partnerships and relationships as required.
• Lead as a Relationship Manager with select external partners and sponsors (e.g. film festivals, training organizations, advocacy groups etc.), liaising to deepen relationships, support shared DEI activity and ensure GTDI partnership objectives are met.
• Participate in external and internal presentations and panels amplifying GTDI programs and initiatives
• Identify and draft suitable content and artwork for social media platforms as required including, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Maintain proper recordkeeping and filing system for all work/projects for reference.
• Minimum 5 years industry experience – film, TV, agency, studio, production company, etc.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Understanding of film and television live action and animation development and production processes.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and advanced PowerPoint as well as Adobe Photoshop and PDFs
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must be available to work extended hours and travel as needed.
Desired Characteristics, Experience and Skills:
• Knowledge of the film and TV studio system, NBCU's senior leadership and key players in the industry
• Event management experience
• Relationships with production talent, including but not limited to live-action and animation writers; directors; composers; and below-the-line crew
• Ability to successfully interact with senior leadership and staff at all levels and cultivate relationships
• Ability to create innovative ideas, provide strategy recommendations, adapt, problem solve and anticipate potential needs in a very fast-paced environment servicing multiple stakeholders while managing a heavy workload
• Able to quickly prioritize in order to meet time sensitive deadlines
• Highly detail-oriented paying meticulous attention to detail and for accuracy
• Possesses a collaborative team-player mentality
• Knowledge of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) best practices, concepts and programs as well as an organic passion and connection to DEI
• Experience of setting up, managing and maintaining databases.
• Strong analytical skills, and comfort working with numerical data and performing data analysis and reporting
• Flexibility in a constantly evolving department
• Proactivity, resourcefulness and the ability to work calmly under pressure
• Ability to work with and maintain confidential information
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Desire to keep abreast of industry developments/trends and company news as it relates to film production as well as inclusivity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5pm7-3-238-98-214-42 in your application.