Universal Studio Group is hiring a Manager, Production Finance to enhance our robust studio team. We seek a high-performing, motivated, conscientious professional who exhibits strong analytical, written and oral communication skills. This individual should demonstrate a high aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, and excellent legal and deal analysis skills. You will be a part of a dynamic and creative USG Production Finance team working directly with our production business units.
The successful candidate should emphasize cross-functional collaboration with all business partners for process improvements and efficiencies, along with partnering closely with our internal teams; such as Production, Business Affairs, Legal and Tax. Candidate should possess extensive knowledge of entertainment production accounting structures.
Our primary objective is to deliver the highest quality original content. He/she will work closely with the FP&A, Controllership, and Production Audit Teams.
• Own and manage all financial aspects of assigned productions including E- News and other shows; including budgeting, cost reporting, pacing, quarter close, and day to day financial & Cash Flow operations.
• Review and prepare budgets, cost reports, trial balances, cash flows prepared by lead producers.
• Liaise with FP&A team to identify and set financial targets
• He/she will implement and maintain internal controls for all assigned Productions to ensure compliance as well as effectiveness
• Work with operations teams to understand production needs and partner on cost management.
• Partner with production HR teams to manage headcount and payroll, and understand union rules
• Cash Flow responsibilities include forecasting (LRP, Budgets, Estimates & Closes), analysis, coordination of 3rd party payments & tie-outs with our internal portfolio partners
• Execute on all aspects of corporate close, including preparing journal entries, DR and supplemental schedule submissions, account reconciliations and balance sheet audits
Work closely with management to identify and highlight business risks and opportunities throughout the quarter, provide analytics and take on ad-hoc projects
• BA/BS required. (CPA, MBA or JD/LLM, a plus)
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Finance or Accounting
• Strong preference for prior broadcast or cable television production finance experience
• Excel skills and other Microsoft / Apple products experience.
• Knowledge of television accounting software systems.
• SAP experience preferred but not required.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to travel (domestic and international) and work extended hours if needed.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Strong communication skills, written / verbal, and ability to interact with employees at all levels.
• Focus on Controllership and fiscal stewardship generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Robust understanding of accounting processes, audit, union labor agreements and requirements.
• Proven ability to lead and manage.
• Candidates are required to be highly analytical, organized, accurate & detail-oriented as well as strong effective communicators.
• High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving and analysis utilizing financial applications, including great Excel skills.
• Ability to operate in a cross-functional team environment and foster positive relationships with colleagues
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment under pressure with tight deadlines, across multiple projects
• Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkpkm-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.