The Manager, Media is primarily responsible for supporting the Director, Media in the planning and buying process of all paid media plans in support of NBC Entertainment, ELG, and Sports.
• Support the Director, Media in the development of media strategies and plans for all supported shows across paid and owned properties.
• Assist in the development of analysis necessary to support media recommendations and decisions.
• Help manage analytics both in-house and with the agency to contribute to building fact-based media strategies that encompass both paid and owned platforms.
• Oversee the delivery of all creative materials between NBCU creative groups and all external partners/vendors.
• Assist in managing all financial reporting documents associated with the media budget.
• Coordinate with partner departments on marketing plans and execution.
• Help manage the fulfillment of information requests across the TV Portfolio division.
• Seek and understand emerging trends and first to market opportunities.
• Meet with representatives of the media community to foster mutually beneficial relationships with all media partners, particularly those within the NBCU family.
• Assist the larger media team with any ad-hoc projects/requests.
• 5+ years' experience in media planning and buying with a strong focus on digital planning and buying. Media agency experience required.
• Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Bachelor's Degree in Liberal Arts, Marketing, Communications/Advertising, or Media Studies.
• An understanding of TV & Digital viewing measurement.
• An understanding of the end-to-end digital advertising ecosystem of agency, publisher, and consumer facing technologies including ad servers, DSPs, SSPs, networks, exchanges, creative optimizers and data providers.
• Agency experience preferred.
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a deadline driven, fast paced environment.
• Ability to work across various teams and departments within an organization.
• Extensive knowledge of marketing, advertising and media planning principles with an emphasis on digital media.
• Strong quantitative skills with the ability to stay organized and manage time wisely.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of the television industry, particularly the Broadcast & Cable TV business.
• Previous management experience, including the ability to train staff.
• A love of the Entertainment industry.
• Computer proficiency particularly with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Must have team spirit and be a self-motivator with a proactive nature and collaborative attitude.
• Advanced communication skills; able to present ideas clearly and concisely, both in writing and in person.
• Analytical skills; comfortable distilling data into actionable insights and optimization opportunities.
• Flexibility to adjust schedule based on workload.