Job Title: In-House Assistant Production Accountant
Division: Universal International Studios
Reports to: Production Finance Executive
Location: Central St Giles, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 8NU
Key Relationships: Universal International Studios Production Finance Team including Head of Production Finance, Production Finance Executives and NBCU Treasury.
Corporate Finance & Production Teams
External banking partners, Freelance Production Accountants & Line Producers.
DIVISION PROFILE – INTERNATIONAL TV PRODUCTION
NBCUniversal International Studios is a division of Universal Studio Group, delivering award-winning content to millions across the globe. Based in London, the business' in-house production labels include Carnival Films, Monkey, Australian-based Matchbox Pictures and Working Title Television. NBCUniversal International Studios also operates a joint production venture with Heyday Television and owns an equity stake in Lark Productions in Canada. Additionally, the studio houses a UK and LA- based scripted unit that develops and produces original series.
The successful candidate will become a skilled member of the Production Finance Team. This team oversees Production Finance for TV shows produced under the umbrella of Universal International Studios, by the production companies within the Group.
The Team's activities include production development accounting and payrolls, wrap accounting and assisting with Audits.
Previous experience as Assistant Production Accountant is beneficial but above all a successful candidate will need to demonstrate a pro-active detail-oriented approach to work, be methodical, numerate, socially confident, resourceful and smart.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
• Provide in-house Assistant Production Accountancy services for multiple Scripted & Non-Scripted television productions. This will rely on the applicant liaising closely in-house Financial & Production management, under the supervision of Production Finance Executives.
• Support Executives with Development & Wrap Production Accounting requirements such as processing related payrolls, invoices, credit card and cash expenses.
• Attending Production Start-Up meetings, Cost Report meetings & Handover meetings.
• Assisting productions so that they comply with Company Policies and Authorisations.
• Make payments through online banking, Barclays.net and our Corporate banking systems.
• Create spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel such as to manage weekly cashflow drawdown requests for each production.
• Manage, prepare and process crew, cast & development staff payrolls with the help of
outside Payroll companies in accordance with local and national Tax & Employment Laws, under supervision from the Finance Executives. Ensure productions comply with all Monthly and Year End Payroll reporting and HMRC payment requirements.
• Maintain complete, accurate and timely records and accounts to reflect business transactions using Production Accounting software and other IT systems as required. Provide timely and accurate weekly, Monthly & Quarterly reports, including Cost Reports & VAT Reports, as required.
• Safeguard all physical, financial, informational and other company assets.
• Administrating the handover & archiving of closed Productions. Reviewing wrapped productions paperwork, and flag paperwork that is not complete.
This job description is not exhaustive and the post holder will be required to carry out any other ad hoc tasks as requested and within capabilities.
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• Ability to work within part of a multinational corporation with multiple stakeholders and reporting lines.
• Must be accurate and efficient with ability to meet deadlines.
• Excellent personal and communications skills required.
• Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities.
• A good understanding of Key Production processes
• Experience of Production Accounting activities.
• Work independently, manage deadlines, prioritise, multi-task and to be flexible.
• Strong IT skills (notably Email, Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel).
• A self-starter with enthusiasm and motivation.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above job description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
We are proud to be a disability confident employer and we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you. Accessibility Statement | NBCUnicareers
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d81e0k-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.