NBCUniversal Global Distribution is responsible for the sales and distribution of NBC Universal product to all forms of television and new media platforms in over 200 territories across the globe, its revenue portfolio exceeding $5Bn per year. This includes a rich library of more than 4,200 feature films and 110,000 television episodes, including current and classic titles, non-scripted programming, sports, news, long-form and short-form programming, and locally produced content from around the world. NBCUniversal Global Distribution is a division of Comcast NBCUniversal.
After the recent consolidation of its domestic and international businesses, Global Distribution is continuing to seek new ways to optimize the performance and development of its people, and to bolster its commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive employee experience.
The HR Director will support NBCUniversal's Global Distribution business and will be responsible for partnering with the VP HR and local business leaders on managing strategic and operational HR activities for its global population but with a particular focus on North America.
The HR Director will manage a local US-based human resources team and provide guidance and counsel to business leadership while also coaching and guiding the general employee population. Ultimately the role will ensure the smooth running of the day-to-day HR processes and serve as an integral partner to the local leadership team by developing and executing timely, relevant and innovative HR programs and initiatives, especially as they relate to diversity and inclusion.
This is an exciting time to join a dynamic and evolving business and be part of a global team collaborating to influence genuinely impactful cultural change.
The HR Director will be responsible for the following activities:
• Partnering and collaborating with business leaders on strategies and provide HR guidance and input on decisions to execute and enable business goals
• Providing operational HR support for the business in partnership with HR functional experts as required, particularly Reward, Talent Acquisition and Talent Development
• Coaching, developing and challenging the management team on the execution of growth plans and people leadership
• Providing direction and expertise for the full scope of HR functions including employee relations, compensation & benefits, employee engagement and change management
• Taking ownership of the annual salary review process, performance management cycle and talent review processes
• Managing all on-boarding, retention, development and engagement activities
• Assisting management in formulating its strategic response to employee opinion survey results
• Handling all employee contract & headcount reporting
• Partner with client leadership and local HR counterparts to identify, assess and propose strategic improvements in response to workforce need or organizational efficiency
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field
• Minimum 8 years' professional level HR generalist experience, including at least 3 years as a people manager
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Master's degree (MBA, MILR)
• Knowledge and practical application of HR disciplines including U.S employment and labor laws, employee relations, management & leadership development, performance management, organizational design and compensation philosophies and knowledge of OSHA and workplace safety
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Experience with project management, budget management and understanding of P&L's
• Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work with minimal guidance or direct supervision
• Demonstrated ability to resolve complex problems with creative and innovative solutions
• Strong business acumen and proven ability to drive organizational success through quality best practice HR programs and initiatives
• Process and detail oriented, including strong organization, time management and prioritization skills
• Ability to strategize and influence at all organizational levels in the organization
• Demonstrated ability to understand the clients' business and develop both strategic and tactical solutions to business challenges
• Confidence working in a matrix environment with both domestic and international stakeholders
• Ideally, experience working with sales organizations or client groups responsible for revenue generation
• High comfort level with dynamic fast-paced work environments subject to frequent change
• A natural champion of change, diversity and inclusion
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88qm9-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.