New York, NY
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
As an Accounts Payable Director, you will be a part of the leadership team that drives the strategic and tactical direction for the Global Shared Services Accounts Payable function, including the supervision of a high performing service delivery team and oversight of a 3rd party AP Provider. The position provides overall leadership of the Accounts Payable Shared Services Department. The position is responsible for developing and implementing the vision, mission and department strategy that supports the company's overall strategic goals. You must be able to manage a multi-billion-dollar AP function and provide management oversight of strategic initiatives. You will routinely interact with Senior Executives in functions ranging from Control, Tax, Treasury, Operations, external executives at key outsource partners and provides recommendations for new technologies, internal control processes and procedures and analytical information including AP metrics.
The Director of Accounts Payable Shared Services ensures the department provides accurate and timely processing and disbursement of vendor obligations, assures the integrity of their financial accounting systems, directs the hiring and training of personnel and ensures continual process improvement. Other responsibilities include management of multiple projects, promotion of workforce diversity and compliance with company policies. Identifying systems or system enhancements that improve the quality and efficiency of the work of the department, continuous benchmarking and process improvement.
• Direct and lead the Accounts Payable team, including management of a 3rd party provider, to ensure timely, accurate and reliable vendor payments.
• Manage a high performing service delivery team, including hiring, training, coaching and development
• Provide leadership and vision by developing both short- and long-term business plans that align with Company objectives.
• Provide management with accurate and timely information to influence and support strategic and tactical decision making at all levels.
• Purchasing Card administration and compliance, including detection and prevention of misuse/fraud by cardholders.
• Anticipate and respond to business partner needs in a manner that provides value-added analysis and recommendations.
• Assist with various financial transformation projects/indicatives, including data gathering, trending, modeling, planning and reporting.
• IRS tax compliance for the 1099 and 1042 tax filings and foreign vendor withholding.
• Create, track, report and manage all Accounts Payable performance metrics, including resolution of any pending/recurring action items.
• Manage the AP financial close process, including period and quarterly reporting of divisional payment performance.
• Manage SOX controls to ensure full compliance with internal, external, legal and regulatory standards and requirements. Ensure effective control procedures are in place and fully functioning. Work with both internal and external audit requests.
• Institutes and maintains internal control procedures and financial accountability
• Vendor Relations including AP Help Desk
• Act as the ''face'' of the Accounts Payable team and exhibit a high degree of customer service for internal ''customers / business partners'' across the organization. Acts as the focal point for any performance issues / challenges that are escalated for resolution both within NBCU (e.g. Buyers, Procurement) and external suppliers.
• Builds productive customer relationships with all the key stakeholders / customers of AP across the NBCU organization to promote and deliver a high level of proactive service to maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction.
• Develops implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
• Ensures that all documentation (process flows, desktop procedures, policies, procedures, control documentation, etc.) is accurate and complete and maintained in accordance with NBCU policy.
• Responsible for the performance of the geographically distributed AP team, including development, training and promotion/recruitment/terminations;
• Leads and participates in special projects as required.
• Effectively manage labor cost to enhance efficiency and effectiveness. Understand and optimize available information by monitoring productivity, evaluating existing processes, identifying opportunities for process remediation, and implementing best practice for operational performance improvement initiatives.
• Manage and report on DPO including suggesting and implementing processes to improve DPO.
• Thorough understanding of accounting controls, with deep experience in procurement, vendor master, invoice processing, payment & disbursement, tax reporting, regulatory, treasury, foreign currency & exchange and compliance in a global environment
• 10+ years of progressively responsible accounts payable experience in large, complex publicly listed organizations.
• Experience in the Media industry, while not required, is preferred.
• Experience working with a Shared Services environment is preferred.
• Experience working with a geographically distributed team, including offshore, is preferred
• A minimum of 5 (five) years of management experience with a team of reports, with specific experience managing a team in multiple geographies.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, challenge and positively influence a distributed team, including coaching/staff development and management in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
• Understanding of experience with complex accounting, internal controls, financial systems, and processes.
• Direct experience with annual audits from a public company perspective.
• Knowledge of accounting standards (e.g. IFRS, GAAP), experience with controls – including testing and compliance reporting (e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley, 52-109) and tax rules (e.g. VAT, HST, Sales Tax) highly desirable.
• Superior communication skills (written / verbal) including a proven ability to engage with senior executives (both within Finance as well as more broadly within the organization)
• A proven ability to build strong business relationships beyond the finance team, as well as ability to effectively manage the needs of multiple stakeholder groups.
• Demonstrated understanding and acceptance for responsibility of confidentiality.
• Experience working with a Tier 1 ERP required - Oracle and/or SAP preferred.
• Ability to perform complex financial analysis techniques and understand financial statements.
• Strong organizational / time management skills
• Demonstrated management, leadership and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated experience managing a geographically distributed team is critical;
• Direct experience in an ERP implementation is highly desirable
• Direct experience in AP change (new systems and/or new processes) obtained either through merger integration or corporate restructuring is highly desirable;
• The candidate will need to be a self-starter, be able to manage in an environment of change and with a significant workload (definitively not 9-5 in the first years).
• The candidate will be the front face of AP to mu
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22e9y-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.