Universal City, CA
The Manager, Finance role is part of the head-office FP&A team located in Universal City, CA. It resides within Universal Pictures Home Entertainment reporting into the FP&A Director. This role will be responsible for assisting the Director in two primary functions: 1) Managing global Cash process, including monthly submissions, consolidations, and corporate reporting; 2) Assisting in the maintenance and operational activities of Global FP&A financial system, including master data updates and documentation, data reconciliations, and user troubleshooting and education. Across these separate processes, the manager will work closely with various internal and external stakeholders and play a key role in helping design new reports and dashboards for senior management.
The candidate should have a strong background in financial analytics, with intermediate to advanced Excel skills, and should display a strong technical aptitude for financial systems as well as familiarity with database design and systems integration. Prior experience in SAP/AoE/BPC or Essbase is highly preferred but not required.
• Consolidate, forecast, communicate, and submit key variance analysis & consolidations for Global FCF pacing to senior management & corporate partners
• Assist in monthly actuals reconciliations of financial systems including the merger & integration of Domestic data into a global FP&A system
• Administer key global FP&A system; Maintain and document master data updates and system processes
• Ensure data integrity and accuracy
• Identify and streamline system operations and processes
• Build new reports and dashboard
• Build effective business partner relationships with internal/external stakeholders
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Information Systems, or related field.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in Accounting, Finance, or Information Systems
• Excel, PowerPoint, and analytical skills.
• Must be proficient with MS Office Suite products – particularly strong Excel technical skills, with some SAP/AoE/BPC or Essbase knowledge
• Solid finance and accounting skills, excellent analytical abilities, outstanding process improvement capabilities, and strong interpersonal skills
• General understanding of accounting principles: accruals, revenue and costs recognition
• Experience working with and mining large amounts of data and streamlining manual processes
• Exceptional attention to detail and high standards for quality and accuracy
• Solid organization skills and ability to prioritize multiple and competing priorities
• Solid track record of automation & process improvements
• Excellent communication skills and a pro-active approach to building working relationships in a matrix environment
• Ability to plan and organize work in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to effectively handle sensitive and confidential matters
• Media/Entertainment experience
• Strong attention to detail and solid critical thinking.