Manager - Integrated Marketing
New York, NY
The Director , External Communications, Advertising & Partnerships will support the communications and media relations strategy of NBCUniversal's Advertising & Partnerships division, helping to manage and execute communications aimed at positively positioning NBCUniversal and its brands among trade, client, and business audiences. This position reports to the Vice President, External Communications, Advertising & Partnerships.
• Oversee and execute strategic External Communication Strategy focused NBCUniversal's Advertising and Partnerships division.
• Manage and execute integrated communications plans across external constituents including press, industry trade bodies, analysts, and more.
• Collaborate with a variety of different division teams, as well as partner closely with Internal Communications and Trade Marketing teams, as well as communications counterparts from across the company.
• Serve as Communications Advisor to Senior Leaders of the Advertising and Partnership organization, providing communications support to executives across the division.
• Generate press releases, executive bios, media alerts, talking points and other communications materials.
• Develop and maintain relationships with business and trade journalists to proactively place stories around the company's advertising sales accomplishments and business activities.
• Coordinate and generate ideas and materials for NBCUniversal's Advertising presence at industry events, working collaboratively across marketing and other divisions.
• Assist in updating and maintaining all team communications materials.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 6+ years of progressive experience in communications or media relations
• Strong communications background
• Excellent writing skills (releases, internal communications and presentations)
• Self-starter who can work independently and in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
• A proactive multi-tasker, with the ability to prioritize and meet numerous deadlines
• A team player, willing to jump in on any project or assignment, big or small
• Precise attention to detail with problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize effectively
• The ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
• A strong interest in media relations
• Experience working with executives to prep and train for media
• Ability to exercise a high level of discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
• Demonstrated interested in the advertising, media, and entertainment industry