The Kelly Clarkson Show Digital team is seeking a talented, quick, creative digital video editor with a focus on graphics to join our small but growing digital team.
The role will report directly to the supervising digital producer and require the video editor to work end-to-end on video content, shooting and editing their work as well as creating digital graphics for video and social media.
Video content will largely be focused on social media video, graphics, creating YouTube videos, video storytelling, GIFs, memes and more. From time to time, video editors will also be asked to support shoots.
Editors should be skilled and adept at working with footage, identifying solutions for challenges, making smart tonal decisions with music and graphics, and be confident in creating smart, innovative, social and digital first-content! Editors should also be used to working under tight deadlines and be able to turn in strong edits on time.
• Edit digital video content for an array of video platforms utilized on The Kelly Clarkson Show's Digital team including, KellyClarksonShow.com, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok.
• Create smart digital-first video content under tight deadlines that support the show's vision
• Create smart, savvy and innovative video graphics and social media graphics that are on-brand!
• Utilize music and graphics and footage to tell a story with your video – editor should be able to utilize a variety of footage from original video, social video, iPhone footage, professionally shot video to create digital videos that reflect the strength and storytelling of the Kelly Clarkson Show Digital brand
• Strong and very proficient use of Adobe Premiere and Aftereffects
• Skilled at creating and editing digital video franchises and corresponding graphics that are episodic in nature. Franchises may be short form for social (90 seconds) or be longer in format at 10+ minutes.
• Set up shoots from lighting, audio, mics with ease and work with in-house talent as well as guests on the shoot
• Skilled communication and presence when supporting the supervising digital video editors
• Ability to clearly articulate edits you make or solutions with footage and explain your editorial and storytelling decisions
• Create own graphics and end cards for all videos
• Ability to caption own videos and write copy that is grammatically correct and without error
• Ability to multi-task video edits based on the supervising editor's priorities
• Smart, creative decision making
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest social, internet zeitgeist, pop-culture, and entertainment news and have a clear understanding of The Kelly Clarkson Show's brand and topical areas
• Collaborate with various departments internally to ensure that all key stakeholder needs are being met, from talent booking to legal to executive producers to supervising producers to music
• Ensure compliance with company guidelines, including deadlines, legal practices, confidentiality, and design standards
• Constantly iterate and incorporate audience feedback and data into content
• Ability to support digital shoots by setting up sound, lighting or pitching creative content is a plus for this role
• 3+ years of experience as an digital video editor/graphics role with demonstrated ability to create end-to-end original digital video content, that is adaptable to multiple social and digital video platforms.
• Advanced level knowledge of current audio/video editing hardware and software, such as: Adobe Premiere and AVID
• Advanced level knowledge of current graphics/compositing software, such as: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, California
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must be self-sufficient in taking projects from start to completion.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and work quickly and efficiently under pressure. Stay level-headed and calm in a fast-paced environment and daily talk show.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively and professionally interact with executive-level staff as well as talent.
• Strong expertise of video codecs, DSLR and 4K workflow.
• Strong expertise of audio mixing, sound design, and color correction.
• Strong expertise of the ever-changing landscape of camera technology and production equipment.
• Must be equally comfortable on set, behind an editing keyboard, and with a camera in hand.
Strong passion for music, pop culture, internet trends, social media and entertainment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1ppey-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.